cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is responsible?

sw34669
Dabbler

Re: Who is responsible?

ok, that's another version of events / rules ive heard now, no one in the last few days of calls has said 3 days to me. . What i'm being told by your support team never comes to pass. I reported the problem and you guys called openreach on thursday lunchtime, 3 working days. I was told yesterday when I spoke to the agent OR work on a saturday. So what you have just said here should infer that their 3 days are up tdoay from the start of the report to them.

I was told yesterday, listen to the call if you have it recorded at your end, that this would be picked up and chased today. I dont know what level of reality you guys are operating on when you set expectations, dont follow through then change the rules when customers ask whats going on.

Call 1 Thursday 230pm - told my issue was an exchange outage and would be back at 1800

Call 2 Thursday 7PM - My issue must be in my house ... a lot of disconnecting and testing to conclude no vdsl tone

Call 3 Thursday 9PM - Issue was a large scale outage and could take time to resolve would get an update next day

Call 4 Friday 2PM - Fault with supplier dont know what caused it or how long it will take to resolve but agreed after 9PM would be picked up and chased over weekend by faults team with OR. He repeated that these faults are usually fixed in 24 hours.

And now today you've informed me it's 3 working days. If it's still not fixed on Monday and I chase again, will I be told it's usually 6 days ?

I dont expect an instant response but I do expect your staff to follow through on what they have agreed with me. If I had been told thu/fri that I would be out for a week i'd actually be ok with that as I would have wasted much less time chasing it.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I would also expect staff to follow up what they've agreed with you and I do apologise if that hasn't happened and will make sure that feedback is passed on so that can be looked in to further and the appropriate action is taken.

If we've still not received an update by Monday, we would contact our suppliers to chase for an update once the fault is out of the lead time we would expect them to have provided an update by.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the problems you're experiencing with your connection. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sw34669
Dabbler

Thank you

My connection is still off and i havnt had the ticket updated or a call back can you chase at your end plese

Assistance would be appreciated

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @sw34669, I'm sorry that you haven't been updated now. I've just chased this up with our suppliers and have added an update to the open ticket on your account for you. 

Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187508371

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sw34669
Dabbler

Adam

Many thanks I read the ticket update and understand the issue. I can see they have probably been working through a long backlog of these since last week.

Scott.

mrlondoner
Hooked

Harry - thank you for taking the time to investigate my complaint.

Tell me please:

* If your staff says the problem will resolve itself automatically within 2 weeks and it is not the case - am I being treated fairly?

* If your website says to raise a complaint over the chat and I go to your website 10 times a day and it is always unavailable - am I being treated fairly?

* If I call your call centre and an automated system tells me the waiting time is 10 min and in fact it is over 22 min and then almost half an hour negotiating with your colleague to get any escalation - am I being treated fairly?

* If your call centre staff refuses to escalate my complaint and laugh at me, telling me they would "put me back at the end of the queue" - am I being treated fairly?

*If I am being informed here that some of your departments do not work at the weekends and yet you sent me a feedback form over a text message on Sunday asking how happy I am with your service - am I being treated fairly?

* if your technical staff tell me that I need to investigate wireless interference in my area by using an app which does not exist - am I being treated fairly?

You might think I am just a nuisance, an annoying fly around your ear, an unwanted interruption to your happy corporate day - let me be very clear - I paid you upfront, I did not bother you with calls and just waited patiently according to your staff's advice. Yet the problem persisted and I wasted two days dealing with it.

Tell me please Harry what would you do if you were in my situation? But be honest, no corporate script talk and fake apologies. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@sw34669, no worries Scott, I'm sure we can get this sorted out. We'll update you when we know more. 

@mrlondoner, apologies for the experience you've had, as per my colleagues response we'll make sure feedback is passed on accordingly where appropriate. Did you try changing the wireless channels to attempt to resolve the issue?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sw34669
Dabbler

Adam

Sorry to pester again.

I got a call from the agent yesterday with good news that my broadband would be back on today but either way I would get a call to update me. It's after five now and although VDSL sync came back on earlier this afternoon I cannot establish the pppoe session back into your network. Possibly some virtual plumbing needed. My router has the correct username and password I just checked.

I've taken time off to wait in for the call today but notice from looking at the ticket it has been pushed back a couple of times with openreach asking for my account details for the re-provision to go ahead (twice). Ive also not had a call yet.

None of us in the house have any cellular data left after a week so I have to use a friends broadband to communicate. If I ask my cellphone provider to give us another 4GB it's prohibative and i'd rather avoid it a second time.

thanks

sw34669
Dabbler

no one called

sw34669
Dabbler

that's a week my broadband has been off, it's impacted my work, it's impacted my daughter who was sitting her final year exams at uni and my wife. It's cost me money in increased cell data usage and time chasing, running around to friends to use their connections. Still off service and yet again no one called back when they said they would (yesterday).

All of this from an error at you or your suppliers end that cut me off. What stands out is a total lack urgency to get this fixed.

mrlondoner
Hooked

Adam/Anoush - I think you are dangerously close to pushing some of your paying customers over the edge with these attitudes.

If you promise Scott someone will call and no one does what is he supposed to do?

If you tell me wait two weeks it will get resolved and it is not what are my options?

Either you are serious about your job, you take ownership of these complaints, resolve them quickly and efficiently or escalate them to someone who can. It is not a student project - it is not a computer game - it is real people's time and money you are dealing with.

I had a quick look at your trustpilot reviews and it is absolutely shocking. 85% poor/bad - guys what is wrong? 

Do you want to end up with a customer hand cuffing himself to a radiator in your office one day to get things sorted? 

Let me ask again - Who is responsible? 

sw34669
Dabbler

No calls since this - i waitied in again yesterday. Why are you doing this ?

From the open ticket
CSC Analyst
3:02pm, Tuesday 19 Feb 2019
spoken to the customer advised we will update him once we get more info on the 20/02/2019
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 20th February at 3:00pm.
sw34669
Dabbler

What a sorry state your company has become. After a long wait when i called after work today I spoke to a very helpful lady this afternoon who eventually found that when my line was turned back on yesterday, the pppoe authentication at your end for me to connect, hadn't been enabled by the prev agent that also didn't call me back yesterday.

The silence on this thread speaks volumes. Interesting a lot of people on Trustpilot complaining about either being charged twice or not charged and then cut off as you have changed your direct debit supplier. I wonder if this is what happened to me.

https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/plusnet/news/238451-problems-at-plusnet

What about compensation for me being out for a week and i've spent £30 on cellular data extensions over the last week for us all ?

This is the worst example of customer service i've experienced in 20 years.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@sw34669 Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I'm looking into this for you and I'll update the open ticket on your account shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team