cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is responsible?

mrlondoner
Hooked

Who is responsible?

Can you please tell me the name of the person - just one person not a generic e-mail, telephone number, name of department or unit - who is responsible for customer service within Plusnet Broadband?

I have a reason to complain and the website suggests the webchat - I have been checking it today for a few hours and it is always unavailable. I called and was told the waiting time was 10 min - it was in fact over 30 min.

I am angry, frustrated and my blood is boiling. I prepaid my package so cannot just walk away but I want to have a face to face chat with the person who is ultimately responsible for this situation.

I am spending my weekend dealing with Plusnet rather than with my kids and I simply do not believe this is fair!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Labels added after move to Plusnet Feedback.

28 REPLIES 28
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Who is responsible?

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mrlondoner
Hooked

You have found time to move the thread but not to answer the question?

mrlondoner
Hooked

You do not know the name of the Head of Customer Service at Plusnet Mike? 

Mav

@mrlondoner

Moderators are customers like yourself with no access to account information or Plusnet Systems.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

mrlondoner
Hooked

Mike, be so kind then and ask for this information on my behalf - I am sure since you have been a moderator on their community forum you will be more likely to get a reply.

I asked today to be put through during a call to a team leader and the staff refused, I asked for a supervisor and the staff refused, I asked for a manager and the staff refused, I asked for a complaints department and the staff told me "I am the complaints department".

Since you have been a customer of Plusnet since at least 2007 perhaps you can advise me what I should do? 

Mav

@mrlondoner

As it's the weekend this may not be picked up by a member of the Help Team till Monday.

These forums are monitored by the staff and you would be unlikely to receive a reply any earlier with moderator intervention..

Perhaps if you were to expand on the issues you have been experiencing one or more of our knowledgeable members could help you.

mrlondoner
Hooked

Thank you for your balanced reply but I take a note also of the fact that you have moved my question to a part of the forum that is less popular and less visited. 

I make no apology for contacting a million pound profit making company on a day when their customer service centre is open. They did not ask me to call on Monday, they did not promise to call me back later, they did not assign a specific person to my query, they simply told me that there is no one available or interested in talking to me.

In regards to the issue I have experienced it is of a technical nature and I would hate to take time of unpaid volunteers here to deal with it. This would mean that Plusnet can assign even fewer and even less trained customer service staff. This is making it much worse to all other current and future customers. 

I am upset as I was promised a resolution within 2 weeks, it is over a month now and it is still unresolved. The technical team sent me a copy paste e-mail and the general feeling I am having is that everyone is just trying to wear me down and get rid of me.

I am determined though to find the people responsible and challenge them face to face. I prepaid for my service and there is not a single penny I owe - I am a law abiding citizen and a family man and do not deserve being mistreated by bullies hiding behind a screen. I do not mind a trip to their head office if necessary. This is not some faceless structure but a company made of people - they have names, positions, salaries, bonuses, if they underperform it needs to be exposed, investigated and fixed. Covering up incompetence by using volunteers here is not a solution. 

It was supposed to be a nice saturday with the kids and I have double the normal blood pressure and my hands are shaking because of Plusnet.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@mrlondoner wrote:

Thank you for your balanced reply but I take a note also of the fact that you have moved my question to a part of the forum that is less popular and less visited. 

@mrlondoner your thread was moved to a board more frequently monitored by Plusnet support staff.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@mrlondoner

If I understand your situation correctly - that you have an ongoing technical fault of some standing that Plusnet has not resolved to the timetable that they promised - then I suggest a formal complaint. Follow the "Complaints code of Practice" link at the bottom of the page. I would expect that would be more likely to get the issue onto a management desk than trying to phone in, even if you do find a name and number (I have no idea about either).

Alternatively, one of the Plusnet staff may pick up on this thread. The ones responsible for the Forum seem very willing, and able, to solve problems.

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

@mrlondoner

The only occasion in the past I had to complain I did it in writing. Good old fashioned snail-mail consisting of a polite but assertive personal letter addressed to the Managing Director. And it was very quickly passed to someone who called me directly and resolved the problem in a day! Might be your best bet, and it will give you more time with your kids this weekend. It won't resolve your problem immediately but I don't think you'll achieve that anyway. Smiley

Edit: If it's a serious problem (as it appears to be) copy it to Ofcom as well, and make sure you put that on the letter that goes to Plusnet.

sw34669
Dabbler

im having the same issue

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Internet-Still-Down/m-p/1613921#M90219

the comment around "it's the weekend so probably wont get a reply". But the advertised service level is :-

so customers buy a 7 day/week access to support but the reality is it's 5 days

from https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @mrlondoner, I do apologise for any wait times you've experienced or problems getting through on chat, however I'm afraid social media and our community forum are not instant response support channels and it does on occasion take some time for us to respond here.

I understand you've advised you're experiencing some sort of technical problems and I see we've provided some wireless troubleshooting steps.

If you could elaborate on the problems you're experiencing, we'd be more than happy to try and help you with this.

If you're experiencing connection/speed issues specifically on wireless connections, this could point to wireless interference or similar.

Could you try changing the wireless channel you're connecting on to see if this gives you a more consistent wireless connection.

More information on changing wireless settings can be found Here.

If you're experiencing the same issues on wired (Ethernet) connections, I'd recommend running through our troubleshooting guides Here, and then reporting the issue over at https://faults.plus.net if problems continue after troubleshooting.

If the problem is something different, please could you provide us more information regarding the problem so we can try to help further.

Thanks.

@sw34669, we are here on weekends. While there is a lower number of staff in that work social media and our community forums over the weekend, this doesn't change the fact that our front line support teams (Be it on the phones, web chat or here) are here 7 days a week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sw34669
Dabbler

ok why is my ticket being ignored then

I was told yesterday that after 9PM yout faults team would be chasing my outage and getting back to me. I updated the ticket last night at 1140pm asking for an update ... no response. I tried to call today but the call times were > 40 mins so I updated the above ticket again at 1230pm asking for an upate, no response.

My line was taken out for exchange work on Thursday and has never returned (this is what I was told when I initially called). Each time i'm told it will be back on in 24h or somone will pick it up and escalate, nothing happens. I told the agent I spoke to yesterday I didnt want to spend the weekend chasing this or be in the same position monday of no broadband and me having to chase it. He said that wouldnt happen and the faults team would pick it up, find out what the issue was and update me today. Hasnt happened and ive got work to do looming on Monday morning .

Does this sound like great service, i'm trynig to be reasonnable but no one will move this along, tell me what the problem is or when it will be fixed. What would you do ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Your fault ticket isn't being ignored, however I'm afraid tickets are not an instant response support channel and as advised on my response to your post in another thread:

HarryB wrote:

I understand there is a fault report raised with our suppliers to investigate this further, however we are currently awaiting further updates from our suppliers.

Once we have received updates from our suppliers and can proceed further with investigating this matter, we will be sure to let you know.

We would generally advise up to 3 working days for a response from our suppliers. That's not to say it will always take 3 working days, and if we get an update sooner, we'll always aim to provide that update sooner, however when checking the fault report with our suppliers, I'm afraid we are yet to receive an update at this time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet