cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whilst waiting on the Telephone.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst waiting on the Telephone.....

I lost my internet this afternoon, and so did many others at the same time.
I rang in to report the loss, and to find out an expected duration etc
After an understandable 14+ minutes wait, I was connected to a CS Techie.
3 points about  whilst I was waiting.
1) The repeating " sorry you are waiting" message was too loud, in comparison to the person. I could hardly hear him having reduced  volume for the message.
2) Other large companies have an automatic system, that informs you of your position in a queue or
3) Gives you an approx waiting time, so you can hear yourself getting closer to being answered.
4) or Both

Whilst the 14+ minutes wait was understandable, not a complaint from myself, as I understand the call queue went from zero to 50 in a few seconds, but waiting to be answered stopped me doing anything else, even with handset LS on, whilst cooking a noisy tea.
8 REPLIES 8
atbs1
Grafter

Re: Whilst waiting on the Telephone.....

A recorded message stating there there had been an outage would have saved you 14 minutes - so why not?
Anonymous
Not applicable

There quite often is a recorded message stating this, but not this time.
And that is only a general message, helpful as it is, same for PN Status Tweets.
Today, service messages indicated patchy location internet problems, it's good to inform PN where they are.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What time did you make your call?  - a Service status was posted at 0926.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: PlusComUK
I lost my internet this afternoon, and so did many others at the same time.
I rang in to report the loss, and to find out an expected duration etc
After an understandable 14+ minutes wait, I was connected to a CS Techie.

Other large companies have an automatic system, that informs you of your position in a queue or
3) Gives you an approx waiting time, so you can hear yourself getting closer to being answered.
4) or Both

Sounds familiar...... I have posted about this a couple of years ago, and it seems that, although PlusNet state that  "We`ll do you proud"... updating their telephone queuing system is not a priority, even thouhg they now have a much bigger customer base.... which inevitably will mean longer waiting times on the phones, and you will never know how long, or how soon, ( if at all ) your "important" call will get answered.... 
mikko
Grafter

Hi anotherone,
re your "What time did you make your call?  - a Service status was posted at 0926"
Might not have seen it if he didn't have internet.
Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That wasn't my point.I was looking for the time interval between Service Status and Phone call. If large enough there would certainly have been no excuse for there not being an RA on the phone!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Anotherone
What time did you make your call?  - a Service status was posted at 0926.

I read that notice when it was posted, but noted I was not in one of the affected areas.
I rang PN at around 17:45, I had internet all day up to 16:45, then did something else, no internet @ 17:30 ish.

Again, usual problem, even edited post taking minutes to "load"
If I STOP, GO BACK, then reload, the edited post has been posted, why is this not yet sorted ?
amcclean
Rising Star

PN system used to tell you you were 'n' th in the cue though I think it was a LONG time ago. I remember posting on here about this a few years ago. The system status and call status are not always accurate or updated regularly.
Though having just checked it was infact last updated 2 mins ago.