cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the service status posting for the BT MSO?

KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Where's the service status posting for the BT MSO?

If only plusnet could be as informative
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Someone tripped over the string between the tin cans & snapped it then? Grin
hottroc
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
When will Plusnet learn? If it used the Service Status as intended it could save its customers a lot of grief and itself a multitude of phone calls that it struggles to handle during normal times.

Totally agree. The Service Status info seems to be rubbish. Bizarrely it was better at Madasafish (????) where they used to inform you of the outages quite promptly and until fairly recently they used to explain what the issue was and how they fixed it or when the fix would be done.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

better late than never but it could have been a lot more explicit http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1454440975.htm
KevH
Rising Star

I have to disagree that it was better late than never. By 19:22 things were (if the reports on the radio etc. were to be believed) returning to normal. Even the posting at  22:59 doesn't say that there were problems with the BT network (hardly a state secret unless you are trying to avoid embarrassing the parent company). That posting said there would be a further update at 9 am the following morning - which in the end was 1hr20m late. Seems to sum up PN these days.
KevH
Rising Star

Just following up on my own post - why does nobody think we have a network problem that is likely to affect our customers? What can we do that will limit the number of people trying to contact us via a system that is already under considerable strain (i.e. the phone)? I know - let's put out a service post and tweet on out accounts and use other social media outlets. Looks like either there are people who don't think those thoughts in PN towers or informing customers of issues just isn't a priority.
Looking at the twitter feed the first tweet apologising for the issues was at 7.36pm.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just throwing my opinion in here, we didn't see much impact on social media (yes there were a handful of tweets) until later on in the evening, at which point a service status was put out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
slime
Grafter

I would have taken to social media but I had no internet Wink
Look at the CS call volumes for approx 4PM yesterday. Does everything have to be all over Facebook and Twitter these days for it to be taken seriously? I see these as additional platforms not the primary platform but I guess I'm getting on a bit these days!!
Thanks though for adding an opinion. This is just my opinion. The outage caused me considerable frustration and loss of work yesterday and I looked to a website (not social media) for service status.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There's often a peak in the afternoon, the one in the evening is more out of the ordinary, keeping my eye on the call waits times these were actually low right up until I left at 5.30pm.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
Just throwing my opinion in here, we didn't see much impact on social media (yes there were a handful of tweets) until later on in the evening, at which point a service status was put out.

A policy of not telling customers anything unless they notice? Wink
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Chris

Chris , was anything put on the service status line? , when i checked about 6pm , nothing
Kind regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.