cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the customer service?

Disgusted2

Where is the customer service?

I wish I had read these reviews before signing up to Plusnet - - I am on day 1 of an 18 month contract and can already testify that their customer service is appalling. Having received the modem and then a text saying my service was running, i followed instructions to the letter and found the service is not working at all - - the phone line is dead. Was told by the recording on their helpline to expect a wait time of 20 minutes - - it was 46. The staff member informed me that if I wanted faster service I should try their webchat system - - what kind of bimbos do they hire? Once she figured out I could not do that when my phone and therefore broadband service does not work she made me ransack the house to find a screwdriver and dismantle the phone jack that had been working perfectly well until Plusnet cut it off. Now she admits that it was probably them that caused the problem but the best she can offer is an engineer's visit in two days time. Nevermind the inconvenience to the customer, the company's profits come first and hiring enough staff of the right intelligence levels is too expensive. So now they have my money and I have no broadband or phone - - bimbo's answer to that is that I have a cellphone so apparently they feel no obligation to rush to fix my problem - - tell that to my 94 year old father in Canada who can only get to grips with using the landlines. All this had me on my cellphone to them at my expense for two hours. This company should not be allowed to trade until it delivers what it promises. We're into ombudsman and compensation big time - - it's the only thing they understand and respond to.

As a footnote, I posted this originally on Trust Pilot to warn non-customers of what they might be getting into.  I was instructed by PlusNet to send it through the Community Forum by private message, but guess what?  After spending twenty minutes going through the fiasco of signing up to yet another useless non-service, I find that I am barred from sending private messages.  Makes you think they really don't want honest feedback doesn't it?

7 REPLIES 7
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Where is the customer service?

Now that you have made your first post on here. You will now be able to send private messages
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Disgusted2

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear of the phone and broadband issues you've experienced.

I can see that we raised this for you as a phone fault back on the 7th via a ticket here and that this was confirmed as resolved by our suppliers. Having checked your account I can see that your broadband service is now connected and showing a stable connection.

I appreciate the point you've made regarding the timescale for the phoneline being fixed and the safeguarding implications thereof, however, our supplier will only consider expediting a fault as a welfare case if the owner/account holder of the account in question is the vulnerable party - I 100% understand your frustration in terms of your Dad's reliance on ringing your landline.

I believe one of our community members has explained why you couldn't PM at the point where you joined the forum - it's a fairly widespread anti-spam/anti-bot mechanism to protect other forum members from malicious contact.

At this stage I'd like to ascertain how your phone and broadband are operating from your side - essentially, is this now fixed?

Once we've confirmed from you that your services are up and running, we can look at downtime and a GOGW.

Please let me know.

Best wishes

Dave

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@RandallFlagg wrote:

I appreciate the point you've made regarding the timescale for the phoneline being fixed and the safeguarding implications thereof, however, our supplier will only consider expediting a fault as a welfare case if the owner/account holder of the account in question is the vulnerable party..................

But surely this is a different case to an "In service" fault?  Somewhere between PN and BTOR the ball has been dropped and the service not connected, so charging should not even be initiated until the service is operational let alone a two day delay in getting it fixed. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MauriceC wrote:
surely this is a different case to an "In service" fault?  Somewhere between PN and BTOR the ball has been dropped and the service not connected, so charging should not even be initiated until the service is operational let alone a two day delay in getting it fixed. 

There is no distinction between a fault at the very beginning of the service, and a fault for example a month down the line. The order completed on the day expected, but it doesn't look like there was any dial tone.

Our line tests weren't picking up an issue, which is likely why the order completed without going into a delayed state, because our suppliers would run a line test before completing the order on their systems.

As a result of testing not finding an issue, the only way we'd progress the fault is by arranging an engineer visit, but however unlikely we'd still like to completely rule out an issue with internal wiring or equipment to try to avoid a call-out charge.

An engineer was booked and from reading the notes it looks like the problem lay at the cabinet.

Regarding the charging of the service unfortunately we can't pause the billing of an account while the service is in fault, but we'd be happy to provide a credit to cover the time they've been without from when the fault was reported to us.

I hope this helps clarify things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Disgusted2

Okay, so now I have had to waste another half hour of my life trying to track down user name and password for this Forum “service” — obviously you believe that your helpless customers have nothing better to do than dance to your poor service.  So, having waited to let your broadband service come up to scratch, I can report that unsurprisingly it falls far short.  Even you admit it in an email received recently that tells me although I am paying for average speeds of between 40 and 58 Mbps (with a minu,im of 34) I am only receiving 23.  What kind of a joke is that?  Even worse, I am constantly having to deal with the service dropping out completely in the middle of a search -  pretty unacceptable in this day and age, donkt you think?

So not only have you not a knowledged the original lapse of service, you are continuing to fail in delivery, and continuing to intrude in my life with the need to jump through your hoops of inefficiency just to communicate with you.  I tried to get a live chat going on this and was only given the option of calling you on the phone — yet we all know that you don’t bother to answer the phone for upwards of 45 minutes.

How much worse can you get?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Disgusted2,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced these issues with your services. I have reviewed your account today and discovered an external fault on your phone line which is most likely the cause of the issues that you're experiencing. I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this which goes into further detail and this ticket can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team