cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £50 cashback?

sandocameron

Where is my £50 cashback?

I signed up with plusnet back on 19th August 2014, with a £50 cashback offer as part of the promotion. This was part of the reason I signed up, obviously. After having to prove the validity of my claim for cashback in November, which was eventually acknowledged as being 'valid', I have still not received the cashback cheque, but rather empty promises of when I should be receiving it or evasive replies (my question being put on hold) or seemingly insincere apologies. If plusnet were sincere, surely their apologies would mean something and they would honour the deal and not keep me waiting with any amount of excuses...
12 REPLIES 12
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Where is my £50 cashback?

Hi sandocameron.
I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I'm in the process of chasing your cashback up for you now. I will be sure to keep you posted.
Matty

EDIT: I have just responded to your complaint ticket. It's good news.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tooslow
Grafter

That is HUGE delay. Come on Plus-net, get it together with your customers cashbacks. PS> please find out where mine is too. I don't want to be waiting months and months. Do us a favour and restore my faith.
dick:quote
JTaylor
Grafter

Morning all!
@sandocameron Matty will update you as soon as he receives an email back from marketing.
@tooslow I can see you spoke to us previously and one of our agents has taken this on personally for you. He'll update you as soon as he receives a response.
tooslow
Grafter

Quote from: Jack
Morning all!
@sandocameron Matty will update you as soon as he receives an email back from marketing.
@tooslow I can see you spoke to us previously and one of our agents has taken this on personally for you. He'll update you as soon as he receives a response.

Thanks Jack, but your colleague misunderstood my query and related it to the cash back email and not the when cheque payment was due.
JTaylor
Grafter

Ahh I see. Seb responded to a ticket raised on the 3rd when you hadn't received the email. He received no update to state you had received this.
We are currently processing these and I would expect this to be with you personally somewhere up until the 26th but I can't promise anything at present.
I apologise for the delay.
jess1808
Dabbler

Quote from: sandocameron
I signed up with plusnet back on 19th August 2014, with a £50 cashback offer as part of the promotion. This was part of the reason I signed up, obviously. After having to prove the validity of my claim for cashback in November, which was eventually acknowledged as being 'valid', I have still not received the cashback cheque, but rather empty promises of when I should be receiving it or evasive replies (my question being put on hold) or seemingly insincere apologies. If plusnet were sincere, surely their apologies would mean something and they would honour the deal and not keep me waiting with any amount of excuses...

I got my broadband in august too with the same offer, I asked a short while after signing up and was told it would be sent 'soon' but after recently asking about it again I was told I was not part of that offer and would not be getting it with no further explanation, how did you go about 'proving the validity of your claim' ?

Thanks!
sandocameron

Hi,
in order to prove the validity of my claim, I had to search through the emails I had been sent when I first joined and found the one which said I had signed up with the cashback offer.  I am still waiting for my £50 cashback...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@sandocameron - As per my ticket response, it should be with you shortly.
Matty
jess1808
Dabbler

Quote from: sandocameron
Hi,
in order to prove the validity of my claim, I had to search through the emails I had been sent when I first joined and found the one which said I had signed up with the cashback offer.  I am still waiting for my £50 cashback...

I know I clicked on the offer but I never got any confirmation about the £50 cashback offer, so I'm not sure if something went wrong or I did something to make me ineligible, I rang up within my 14 days notice period to check as it wawsnt written anywhere and on the phone they confirmed I would get the offer -wish I'd requested that written down!
So far had no response on here about if I am entitled or if not, why not, and my ticket just keeps getting put on hold!
sandocameron

Matty Cassell, It comes as absolutely no surprise to me that I haven't received the £50 yet, knowing Plusnet. I received an apology from you on my answerphone on the 16th January, explaining the confusion as to why my cashback hadn't gone through when I signed up and offering as a goodwill gesture £50 which you had arranged to be sent to my account, stating it can take up to 14 days to show in the account. 14 days later, have I received the money? No, of course not! And I really don't know what to believe....
sandocameron

I take it back, I received cheque today in the post...faith restored, Thankyou,
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I read this when I got home on Saturday and expected to come in to a telling off.
I'm glad it's arrived, but I'll make sure that we learn from this.
Matty