cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the option to email / open a ticket go?!

jheenan
Grafter

Where did the option to email / open a ticket go?!

My bill arrived today, I've incorrectly been charged line rental, even though I purchased a new line rental saver about 6 weeks ago. Exactly the same as happened last year.
So I think - right, I'll open a ticket, they'll solve it no problem, just like last year, takes about a minute of my time so no big deal.
10 minutes going round in circles on the website and the only options I can find are 'chat' or 'phone'. Just opening a ticket or sending an email seems to be a thing of the past  Angry
So now I've been sat stuck in front of my PC for another 15 minutes waiting for a 'chat' person to be available, and a simple error on plusnet's part that should have been simple to resolve has taken 30 minutes upwards of my Saturday. Plus even though I'm logged in on plus.net's portal (and hence could have opened a ticket if the option hadn't been removed!) I'm asked to authenticate again. sigh.
I really have no idea why things have been changed to be like this, it seems like a good way to turn simple problems into very annoyed customers.
Yours,
plus.net customer of 13 years
5 REPLIES 5
jheenan
Grafter

Re: Where did the option to email / open a ticket go?!

So further research says plus.net removed this link on purpose. And are now running an ad campaign about how great their support is, using surveys that mostly predate the recent downgrades to their support. So I've just finished submitting a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency on the grounds the advert is misleading.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

yup PN have shot themselves in the foot AGAIN  Undecided
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: JosephH
So I've just finished submitting a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency on the grounds the advert is misleading.

Well done you Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I rather think there may be a lot more complaints. The adverts are a joke and very misleading.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Quote from: JosephH
the only options I can find are 'chat' or 'phone'. Just opening a ticket or sending an email seems to be a thing of the past  Angry

It is a recent customer service improvement by PlusNet. Even long phone delays for business customers who pay higher fees.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.