cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the traffic management details?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Where are the traffic management details?

A friend was interested in joining PlusNet but after searching the home page could see no details of traffic management. I have to confess I can't find it either. If they are there they are certainly well hidden,
11 REPLIES 11
MikeyM
Grafter

Re: Where are the traffic management details?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi George,
FYI a search using the terms 'broadband speeds' or 'traffic management also seems to find that page.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but should they have to do a search to find it?
Be3G
Grafter

Looks like one can get to it from the homepage by clicking on ‘find out more’ for a product, then FAQs, then going to FAQ number 12 where there's then another link, which leads to the tables we all know and love.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Pity the Kitz one isnt up to date, or is it now, much easier to find
grahamt
Rising Star

Have the speeds for Value been changed recently? I'm puzzled by the throttling of the 'Other' category to 192Kb/s between 6 and 10pm. Does that include normal websurfing? If I remember correctly websurfing used to be at line speed all day.
By the way, the existence of the 'Other' category would seem to make the statement, "Activities not listed are not restricted but are subject to traffic prioritisation" redundant.
Graham
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Browsing is classified as 'gold' with no rate limit.
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks for that but should prospective customers have to search for such information. I have to confess if I were a customer looking for an ISP or home phone provider I would be put off by the lack of information.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi George,
FYI a search using the terms 'broadband speeds' or 'traffic management also seems to find that page.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can't put everything on the front page.
For comparison, try to find the same information on any other ISP's page. You'll find that most stick to a waffle statement saying they restrict certain protocols at certain times but don't tell you which protocols by how much at what times. We could fit that onto the front page but we'd prefer to be open and honest and give customers the full picture.
glloyd
Rising Star

I'm sure you could put a direct link when the user clicks on "More information".
Do you realy want to come under the catagory and standards of other ISP's or the standard we expect from PLusNet. I thought we like to thnk of PlusNet a cut above the rest Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi George,
We'll definitely take your feedback on board there. We do want to meet expectations however the trouble is that everybody's expectations vary and unless good people like yourselves make us aware we don't know what they are Smiley
We do sincerely want to have the edge over our competitors and being open and honest is at the core of our company values so we do our best to make that kind of information easily obtainable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team