cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you install the phone, activate the BB

omegafail

When you install the phone, activate the BB

As a new customer, just wanted to compare my experience to previous suppliers. I have moved a lot in the last few years after student times and now working times and unfortunately most of the premises I move into need a phone line being installed. 
O2, Sky and as far as I am aware BT all activate the broadband on the day you get your line installed by BT Openreach. I appreciate they are different jobs at the exchange, but it makes sense for Plus.Net to do the same. I don't mind the delay (well I do, but I don't want to complain about it), but a week and a half after my phone, my BB is going in, yet with other providers its the same day.
I know PlusNet is very cheap to get a phone installed compared to other providers, but its just a bit frustrating! Maybe something could be done in the future?
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: When you install the phone, activate the BB

Hi Omegafail,
Welcome to our forums.
What you suggest is possible with something called a Simultaneous Provide, where phone and broadband are turned on within 24-48 hours of each other.
Unfortunately, it isn't always possible to place this type of order, otherwise we'd do it all the time!  It requires a bit more notice and has a higher failure rate than normal orders.  We've placed your broadband order now and you should hear back soon with an activation date for your broadband - normally it's 5-7 working days.
Sorry for the delay!
omegafail

Re: When you install the phone, activate the BB

Thanks for taking the time to reply James. It wasn't so much a criticsm as a bit of insight feedback. You're team has been great so far, and its good to understand why you don't use such systems for line activations. Ultimately delays so far have been caused by BT but I look forward to getting back online shortly. I have received my activation date and look forward to getting online by then.