Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When unlimited is not unlimited

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

When unlimited is not unlimited

So PN happily advertiser their new call plan .

Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls at £8.00 per month

What a load of marketing spin and very deceptive (giving an appearance or impression different from the true one; misleading. "he put the question with deceptive casualness"
synonyms: misleading, illusory, illusive, illusionary, ambiguous, deceiving, delusive, distorted, specious)

It's not only till you look at the faq on this page, that you see they are misleading customers  https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

"Mobile: Calls to UK mobile numbers at any time. Fair usage limit of 2,000 minutes applies"

Totally misleading. PN why can you not be honest at the first opportunity?

The plan should be: Unlimited UK Calls & 2000 Mobile Minutes  (1000 for evening and weekend plan) 

Regards

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: When unlimited is not unlimited

but it isn't limited - it just means that if you either go over it a lot or all the time they may contact you to complain

I am not sure what they would do if you ignore them

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Depends how you look at it ( where does it say that ) , the faq is as clear as mud.

I would expect , if you used the allowed limit , it would charge you the standard price, they same way with a mobile when you have a set amount of mins , if you go over your allowance you will be charged.

Again it does not say that ,It's open to interpretation , but it is surly not unlimited, otherwise their would be no need for an FUP.

PN some clarity on this would be good 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I was basing my assumption on how the old "fair usage policy" in relation to broadband worked (I am not referring to the "bad boys pipe") and how it worked with BT

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Am surprised no one has contacted the ASA , obviously Unlimited is not unlimited

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

every package is limited regardless if they say it is unlimited.
there is a limited number of minutes in a day, you can't use more minutes than are physically possible.

unlimited broadband is still limited by the speed you actually get and the minutes in every day.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

For reference, In 2011 the ASA changed the rules on advertising an unlimited broadband service with an FUP , be good if there is something similar for unlimited minutes with an FUP 

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2011/09/29/asa-uk-publishes-new-broadband-isp-speed-and-unlimited-u...

"Unlimited" Broadband Rules

* The term "unlimited" can only be used if the customer incurs no additional charge or suspension of service as a consequence of exceeding a usage threshold associated with aFair Usage Policy (FUP), a traffic management policy or similar.

* Limitations that do affect the speed or usage of the service must also be moderate only and clearly explained in the advertisement.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/boost/11746/unlimited-mobile-minutes-boost

Unlimited Mobile Minutes Boost

Save money calling mobiles for £5 a month

• Unlimited minutes to any UK mobile* from your landline.
  • Make calls any time, day or night, weekday or weekend.
  • No connection fee on any call.
  • Less than you pay with BT, Sky, Virgin, Plusnet or EE.
  • Fair use policy of 2,000 minutes a month applies.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I am fully aware others do it , just a bit of up front honesty on the advertising would be great.

So much honest for the headline to say 2000 mins rather than unlimited  

Why have the potential to confuse customers, when you do not have to, but choose to.