cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When "Today" means "Tomorrow"........(possibly)

zawn

When "Today" means "Tomorrow"........(possibly)

So, after 2 weeks wait and my leap of faith in upgrading to fibre with PN, we had our line provisioned by Openreach about 2 p.m. yesterday (07 May).  Great I thought.  No hassle.  Just reset my Netgear router for PPPoE etc and away we go.  And there were no problems in communicating with the BT modem, or indeed with re-establishing the broadband connection.
80/20 is what the engineer had joyfully told me.  Yippee I thought.
Well, I tested the line several times using TBB utilities after he had gone.  That's strange - upload speed seems to have increased to a respectable 18 Mb, but wait....download hovering around 5 Mb.
Checked several times at periodic intervals.  It must be me I thought.  I can't query the router any longer for stats -  so what's going on?  Did some cable swapping and semi-intelligent things just to be sure I wasn't bonkers.
Well to save anyone reading this from undue boredom, I raised a ticket at 6.30 am this morning as nothing had corrected over night.  Must be IP profiling I thought but this is ridiculous!  So the gist of my submission was to respectfully request that PN address this issue for me.  In view of the advised "35 hour" potential response times to tickets I chewed it over till mid morning then rang PN support.  I was pleasantly surprised to find on this occasion that the wait time was restricted to the advised 15 minutes, so I kind of believed that the man was "sorry for making me wait".  I find that sucking in breath at these times helps one to relax.....
Having explained my concerns to someone who claimed to have been named after a fish, the conclusion drawn was that, yes my provisioning was still set to ADSL parameters and that wasn't correct.  After a short wait and consultations having been had  with a manager on my behalf I was assured that all would be well.  Specifically, I was told that the manager would "push things through to get it done today".  The response to my ticket later this afternoon even promoted some optimism.
But now just what does "Today" mean?  You've guessed it - it is now 20 to midnight, and there is no sign of anything happening "today".  All smells a bit fishy to me!
If I end up having to wait any length of time towards my next billing cycle before this issue is given the customer focus it deserves, then I shall do my utmost to ensure that PN never hear the last of it.  I am only sorry that as a gesture of good faith I unilaterally opted to renew my line rental saver during the afternoon.
When is "Today" not "Today"?  When is "Support" not "Support".  When is "Fibre" not "Fibre".  Plusnet - you have all the answers...........
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: When "Today" means "Tomorrow"........(possibly)

Hi zawn,
I'm really sorry for the amount of time that it's taken to get a reply back from us. I've taken a look over your account and I've been able to resolve the issue for you. If you restart your router, you should start to see an increase in speed.
Having explained my concerns to someone who claimed to have been named after a fish

Yes, the person you spoke to is called, Nemo.
Please let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue and I'd be more than happy to help further.
zawn

Good Morning Chris,
Hoorah!
Thank you so much!  I have checked the line this morning and it was averaging 70 / 17, so we are delighted - (I am assuming now that billing particulars will resolve themselves in the fullness of time).
Thanks also to Nemo for your intervention -  I meant no offence in referencing you, I just wasn't sure that you didn't all have some kind of "Black Opps" nicknames to stay below any subsequent flack.
Anyway, I am sure that it is not an easy job responding to all the myriad of requests that come in for attention.  I hope anyone else reading this will be heartened by the fact that it seems to have been resolved effectively.
Good Job Plusnet.  Grin
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good morning Smiley
Glad that's sorted for you. I've sorted the billing side of things out already too, thought that I may as well do it all at once so save duplication of work.
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: zawn
I just wasn't sure that you didn't all have some kind of "Black Opps" nicknames to stay below any subsequent flack.

Quote of the day!!  Grin