cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happening with Topcashback??

Chris316

Whats happening with Topcashback??

What's happening about the cashback with topcashback?Huh
I've just recently signed up to the 38mb fibre and phone package but I have not submitted my MAC code to plusnet yet mainly because my current ISP has not given it to me yet.
When I signed up on the 4th January through the topcashback website, the offer at the time was £140 for the 38mb unlimited fibre and phone package.
However, when I checked my topcashback account the next day the cashback tracked at a much lower rate, so I queried it with topcashback.
Since then I now see that topcashback are no longer offering cashback for plusnet, is this correct?
And my next question is I'm I going to get the correct £140 cashback from topcashback as promised for signing up to plusnet fibre package.
Because to be honest if I am not going to get this cashback then I am seriously thinking about not giving the MAC code to plusnet as soon as I get it,
and instead cancel my plusnet order.
Please note that the cashback from topcashback was one of the main reasons for signing up to Plusnet as it was such a good deal (the other reason for choosing plusnet was becasue of the good things I heard about plusnet). Without the cashback I might as well stay with my current ISP.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Whats happening with Topcashback??

Hi there,
This query would be best directed at TopCashback, they should be able to advise whether you signed up through them whilst they were still offering the cashback deal and whether you will be eligible to receive this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris316

Re: Whats happening with Topcashback??

Thanks but I have already queried this with topcashback and on their system they put the query on hold for 7 days before then sending it to plusnet for confirmation on whether or not the order was valid (which it definitely was).
And my understanding is that plusnet then pays topcashback some money from which topcashback then passes this on to me minus their cut.
Therefore surely plusnet should be able to tell me whether or not they will be paying topcashback the correct amount so that I get my £140 cash back.
Honestly, I get the feeling that I'll be going round in circles with this and be passed back and forth with plusnet blaming topcashback and vice versa
From looking through the forums it appears that this has happened to other people as well as me.
I might be best to just cancel my order and avoid the hassle.