Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an SI order?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What is an SI order?

I've just had a message to say an SI order has been placed - I know nothing about such order. Ticket #53958992
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What is an SI order?

It's nothing to be concerned about and something we're aware of.
It's a back end change to how your account is configured on our wholesale systems which makes no difference to the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Well, I also got an email from support saying:
Quote from: email
An SI order has completed. The details of this are below.
Order detail
------------
Order ID: OR0000001844976
Time completed: 3/4/2012

I wasn't aware that I had placed an order and a ticket has been raised for this.
Is this normal?
Chandu.
James
Grafter

SI is strategic imperatives, the system we use for telephone orders.
As Adam has said though, it's nothing to worry about.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for any confusion surrounding these orders, we've got two projects on the go at the moment which will cause these tickets to be created on your accounts.
The first project I'm responsible for - changing the 'care level' of your line. This relates to the fault response time and makes sure that any faults raised on your telephone service are dealt with correctly - you don't want an engineer turning up in the middle of the night, for instance!
The second project is to change telephone voicemail product, if you're affected by this then you will have had an email explaining what's going on.
The tickets are dropped out when an order completes on our telephone provisioning platform (SI) that our accounting system is unaware of. The tickets act as a failsafe to make sure that we change the accounting system to match the provisioning platform. In both the above projects, we're making changes in order to make things match, so the tickets will be closed off with no action taken. You may see these tickets drop out from time to time and they're nothing to worry about!