Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have I done. - Wasted hours of my life with Plusnet sales

cjpcjp

What have I done. - Wasted hours of my life with Plusnet sales

Angry Angry
Where to begin.
I applied on line and could not get the form  to work for me I telephoned  and a perfectly pleasant chap went through it with me and installation date of the morning 21st August agreed, card details taken etc.
Phone a few days before the installation date as I had not heard – no record of my subscription
SCREAM

Hey ho started again with Mr Childs.
Did everything again but he could only offer the morning of the 23rd (today) so I arranged for a person to be there and went ahead.
No emails received as promised so phoned again to confirm the date.
Once again there was no note of my subscription to unlimited Fibre Broadband – what a crew I was thinking why am I going to Plus net with Tech support quoting a 20 minute wait to be answered (blamed on the weather – like the railways and  the wrong kind of snow?)
Started all over again for the third time SCREAM SCREAM

Now they could only talk of a connection in a couple of weeks despite my having ended with my previous ISP to fit in with their promised appointments.
The conversation lasted over an hour I gave my details last Saturday for the third time SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM and came away with no installation date and no effort made to see if I could have it installed on the promised date.
Why was I persisting?
And they appeared to fail to record the details of the person who (damn their soul) had recommended Plusnet.
Plusnet are
poor on effectiveness
poor on communication,
and  have poor slow computer systems.

I eventually had message saying Openreach  could come today, and they did, but Plusnet then told them  my account was not active – it was. Angry
It was today I discover that Plusnet do not support Linux – I have Ubuntu – but they could and did fix up a DSL fibre connection to an old windows laptop.
Youtube to the rescue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-G-Sn6IhY
Speed is presently good - 60Mps  - but varying
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: What have I done. - Wasted hours of my life with Plusnet sales

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you've had to phone numerous times to get this arranged. I can take a look into this if you could provide some further details via PM. The date you called and also the number you called from.
Glad to see you're connected now,  I've also checked your account and it's all configured correctly for your speeds.
picbits
Rising Star

Re: What have I done. - Wasted hours of my life with Plusnet sales

As for the Linux support, you'll find quite a few of us on the forums use it so can possibly help in the case of problems Smiley
You'll find Plusnet Staff are pretty good on the forums Smiley