cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the old CSC standards and values following the BT Take-over ?

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

What happened to the old CSC standards and values following the BT Take-over ?

In the last few weeks, I have now had three separate occasions when a question raised with CSC has simply resulted in buck-passing.  Whatever happened to the old fashioned customer care that we used to get from Plusnet before the BT take-over ?
We were promised that nothing would change at that time.  Many people expressed their nervousness and predicted that standrads would fall over time.  Sadly, that is exactly what has happened due to the new blood that has been recruited.  There is no point in going over my frustrations with the responses I received lately, but suffice it to say that on one occasion I seriously considered dumping Plusnet;  it was the first time that thought has ever crossed my mind in all the years that I have been with Plusnet.  It was only when I expressed that thought on the ticket that someone actually realised that it had gone far enough and telephoned me to try to resolve things.
Since then there have been two further incidents and I find it really sad.  Am I alone in this experience ?  Perhaps it has just been bad luck on my part, but I find the current breed of CSC analysts just too ready to pass the buck.
Hopefully someone from CSC will respond, but I won't hold my breath ....
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: What happened to the old CSC standards and values following the BT Take-over ?

Because of the high quality of the service that Plusnet provides me I have had no reason to contact the CSC so can't comment on the quality of their service.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: What happened to the old CSC standards and values following the BT Take-over ?

I have to agree with Strat.  I rarely need to contact CSC.  On the very rare occasion I have needed them they have always offered good service.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you refer to "buck passing" do you mean within Plusnet or blaming "our suppliers" with the inference that nothing can be done about that?
The CSC probably won't respond here but I expect the Digital Care Team will pick this up when they return to duty on Monday.
David
shermans
Pro

When you refer to "buck passing" do you mean within Plusnet or blaming "our suppliers"

Well, actually, both, and obviously they are documented in the tickets, so there can be no argument about it.  On balance, Plusnet is still good, but not nearly as good as they used to be.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Whether by internet or phone, I have received nothing but complete prompt, courteous service from  all at the CSC. A big thank you to you all.  Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: shermans
Well, actually, both, and obviously they are documented in the tickets, so there can be no argument about it.  On balance, Plusnet is still good, but not nearly as good as they used to be.

For ease of reference it might help if you post the three ticket numbers you mentioned in your opening post - editing the numbers onto your last response would be ideal.
My perception is that the quality of ticket or phone responses has not worsened from before the BT takeover despite the significantly increased customer numbers. Nevertheless there is always room for improvement and feedback such as you've given should help towards that end. (I'm ignoring the period when support staff numbers were increasing rapidly requiring fast-track agent training.)
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Shermans,
Firstly, I'm sorry you feel that way about our support team and I can assure you I've fed back to the team leads of the agents who have picked these up.
Regarding the SMS ticket, I've just asked one of our provisioning team to pick that up so there should be some more information coming on there shortly. Unfortunately though as stated though this is a service that's available on the lines it isn't something we sell so our support team have very little information on it and don't officially support it - I'll raise a request to the support management to get this looked at but can't guarantee it will be included I'm afraid.
Hope that helps.
shermans
Pro

Hi Matt
Thanks for the feedback - I have replied to you on a specific issue through the ticket (with apologies for all the spelling mistakes; I did not read it through).  I am grateful that you have taken on board my comments generally, and I am not going to enlarge any further as the point has been made.
Best wishes