cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can you do when you are totally cut off

jimcolvin

What can you do when you are totally cut off

I live remotely  in the countryside so the internet is an important part of my life.  At least it was until  I signed up with this lot. I am now on day ten after having had my line dropped losing both telephone service and being thrown off internet by Plusnet.  I am told it is some kind of exchange fault - so you would think they might show some sort of urgency or at the very least some sort of communication about the situation.  It is clear they have no interest in customer problems and have a strategy of keeping their head down when something goes wrong.  I have no estimates, no help, no advice.  This is a sham support service.  Not fit for purpose.  Plusnet should be ashamed,
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: What can you do when you are totally cut off

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
Our suppliers are looking into your issue and as soon as our Faults team know more they'll be in touch.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: What can you do when you are totally cut off

Hi Jim,
Welcome to the forums - sad to hear of your tribulations on your migration.
Regrettably in situations such as this, PlusNet can do no better than the information their suppliers (BT Openreach) provide to them.  Many posts on these forums tell of terrible tales of no information coming from Openreach, sometimes for months on end, especially in rural areas where in some places their infrastructure is inadequate for the demands being placed on it.
Did you by chance tell your old provider that you were moving on the date given by PlusNet for the change?  Some people do this albeit unwise; this can result in the services being terminated irrespective of BTOR's capability to switch the services on the planned date.  This can lead to the loosing provider placing a "cease order" on the line which inhibits any other retailer placing "provide" orders on a line until after the cease date has passed.  After that it can take 10+ days to bet BTOR to restore the line.  Sometimes the phone number can be lost too.
As if the above is not bad enough, where phone lines are in short supply, as soon as a line is ceased, the physical line can be allocated to another subscriber, thereby leaving no physical connection between the local cabinet and the exchange.
Here is hoping that none of these dark arts performed by BTOR are the cause of your trials.  At least now Matthew has his sticky paws on this, the cause of the issues should become transparent... as far as BTOR provide the required information.  I know you do not really care, but PlusNet staff have to sort all of these issues out via an Indian call centre...
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.