cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What an ordeal!

cameron32

What an ordeal!

I first joined plusnet about 3 years ago when I moved into my own place. Everything was going well, I moved house once and only had to wait about 2 weeks for the broadband to change over, which was understandable. However, at the start of this year my partner and I decided to move into our own place. I phoned plusnet on March 24th 2015 informing them of the change of address in just under a months time, I assumed by phoning in advance the broadband should be in our property when we move in, this wasn't the case at all and only the beginning of a still on going ordeal....
We moved into our new address and had to wait a week for the engineer to show up, he attempted to find a telephone line but was unable to do so, he went to check the nearby exchange to discover there wasn't enough space to give us a line, he left us with no information of what to do or who to speak to. I understand this comes down to BT openreach, not plusnet. I phoned plusnet to try and figure out what was happening, they told me they will pass the information onto the supply team who will send somebody out to create more space and we would be updated in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks passed and I heard no news, so I phoned plusnet to see what was going on, apparently someone had been out and for some reason was unable to complete the work. I was told another message would be sent to the supply team and someone would get back in touch in a couple of weeks... A couple of weeks passed and I, once again, had to phone plusnet to find out what was happening as nobody got in touch with me. This went on for months, I phoned plusnet at least once a week for an update hoping to get some information but nobody seemed to know why it was taking so long, bearing in mind our new property isn't a 'new build' and the previous owners had a telephone line and broadband.
I eventually asked to speak to a manager as it had been over 4 months since I first got in touch and informed of the move and had received very little information on why it was taking so long. He was nice enough and offered a full refund for the months I had been paying for a service I wasn't receiving (this was a no brainer, I was surprised it took so long for them to refund my money) and a years free broadband, however I still had to pay the line rental. He also got an engineer sent out the next day. Why was it so easy this time? who knows! He explained to me as long as the engineer can confirm a telephone line is in place, we will have broadband within a week. The engineer came out on July 17th (4 months after I first got in touch with plusnet). I had low expectations as it had already been so long, however, the telephone was there and ready.
I should have kept my expectations low as the broadband wasn't up and running within the week, it is now August 11th and I still have no idea when we will be getting broadband, I have tried to speaking to the manager a number of times but have been unable to get in touch with him. I spend almost 30 minutes, some times more, at least twice a week on hold waiting to speak to somebody, eventually receiving no useful information. I have been cut off mid call with plusnet and no one has phoned me back. I received a text message today saying the next update will be the August 21st, I have no hopes it will be a helpful update.
We have been without internet for 5 months in our new home and nowhere near to getting it sorted, I have been unbelievably patient with plusnet through this whole ideal. My patience is now wearing increasingly thin. Broadband is almost a necessity in modern days home, we've been sharing a dongle for the passed 3 months enabling me to check work e-mails at home. I don't feel we have been compensated appropriately for this ordeal.
I felt the need to post this as no matter how many times I phone and ask for help or information I receive nothing, the staff are sympathetic but do nothing to speed up the process and give us the service we expect and have been paying for. If you are moving home and taking your plusnet broadband with you, phone 6 months in advance as that's almost how long it has been for us!
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: What an ordeal!

Hi cameron32,
It looks like we managed to get your broadband order expedited to tomorrow. I'll update your ticket to reflect that. Bear in mind that it can take any time up to midnight for the order to complete.
Sorry for the lengthy house move, however it looks like a significant amount of dig work was needed in order to get you up and running. Though I'm glad to see that we've already offered you some form of goodwill gesture.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
cameron32

Finally have our broadband up and running. I am yet to receive a full refund for the months I was paying yet not receiving any form of service.
Also, I have not received any form of good will gesture. It's all well and good offering it to me, however, I think some compensation is due for such a ridiculously long house move.
I have tried phoning but the wait times are 30 minutes or longer, I just don't have time for that. Nobody has attempted to get in touch with me, again the service slips....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for taking my call and for your time.
Please see ticket 109529246 with regards to your refunds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team