Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a damn shambles PlusNet is in.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: What a damn shambles PlusNet is in.

The system is a disgrace. I was notified on the 4th that the money would be taken from my account on the 8th. I phoned on the 4th to inform them and was told it would take THREE WEEKS to get a refund. I got an update on my ticket yesterday (14th) to say the money would not be returned to my account for 10 to 14 days. So from the time they were informed they overcharged it will take a minimum of 24 and possible 28 working days to get a refund. Now I wonder if PlusNet would be prepared to wait three weeks for my subscription? No of course not you have to PAY IN ADVANCE and you won't get any service till you do.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's very sad that Plusnet with its Yorkshire pride is being so intransigent in getting the billing system to cope with the 'Faster Payments' service operated by ALL the major banks.  I've been successfully using this service for payments (and the occasional refund) for a few years now.  Payments normally occur in less than 2 Hours with refunds often taking a few (2 or 3 days)  to get validated / authorised.
The creaking back-office system is a potential Achilles heel in the plans to expand the business?  Are there any plans to review / replace.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I was told last week they are going to be building a new billing system from the ground up this year.
You would think logically before your embarked on a massive marketing drive , you would first have the correct amount of staff ( in relation to projected increase in users ) , make sure your back end systems are up to the task ( billing, ticketing system, regarding updates and back of the que, has been like this for years, but nothing has been proactively done, from the customers point of view ) , then do your marketing drive.
I think PN has done it back to front , and in this instance does not deserve to use "well'll do you proud" because you have not.
Having said that hopefully things will be back to normal soon.  Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: I
I was told last week they are going to be building a new billing system from the ground up this year.

As I understand it the rebuild is under way but being a massive project it won't be finished any time soon.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: MauriceC
The creaking back-office system is a potential Achilles heel in the plans to expand the business?   Are there any plans to review / replace.

As a member of PUG I'd have expected you to be aware of the system rewrite in progress. I'm not sure what that says about the relevance of PUG these days!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlaricAdair
Champion

Quote from: I
I was told last week they are going to be building a new billing system from the ground up this year. ...

Why build a new subscription system when you can buy one off the shelf such as Zuora?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
ScottStorey
Pro

Any off the shelf billing engine would still need to integrate with other existing systems such as our CRM which isn't a small amount of work.
AlaricAdair
Champion

Quote from: Scott
need to integrate with other existing systems such as our CRM which isn't a small amount of work.

Yes I'm aware of the complications and likely time scales, I've managed similar projects starting back in 1980 for both bespoke and package software solutions. It depends really if Plusnet is in the business of writing software or whether the primary business is providing telecoms for consumers/businesses. Whichever solution is provided it is needed quickly.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
glloyd
Rising Star

I've been with PlusNet a good few years now and they always start acting long after the horse has bolted. They seem to stagger from one problem to another because they never seem to act pro actively instead wait till breaking point.