Did you mean: 

What a damn shambles PlusNet is in.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: What a damn shambles PlusNet is in.

Thanks Matt
I assume from your reply , any customer over charged ( payment taken is the same as advanced payment info, but advanced payment info is wrong (to high) )  , can do a chargeback via the bank , which is seen as a valid reason by PN, the account will not be disabled ,accounts will ring customer to sort out?
If i have assumed wrongly , please let me know
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pwatson - I assume therefore you're asking me how I'd sort the double charging of line rental? Well, if the customer contacted while the payment was still going through I'd refund the amount from a previous invoice. I'd also make sure that the customer's account was marked as being affected by a problem, and if required raise the problem or a forum thread to gather examples. If however the payment had already gone through, I'd refund the amount from the invoice on which the charge was issued.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Matt, that's absolutely clear.
I suspect the OP will want to know why that didn't happen in his case though? 
AlaricAdair
Champion

Perhaps Andy Baker, the new PlusNet CEO, should have an account on this forum? A regular dip in the Feedback pool would let him know how deep the water is.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
glloyd
Rising Star

Checked my tickets and find the next action on my over charge will be 15th Jan 11 days after I reported the over charge. I think I will now start charging PlusNet interest on monies owing.
gofaster
Rising Star

Check what rates Wonga are charging for short term loans ...
£15 for 11 days will cost £7.76 in interest and fees giving a total of £22.76 to repay
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The joy of the (UN) level playing field.
Owe money to a big business = Disaster of mega proportions with consequences.
Big business owes you money = Minor oversight, no big deal, we'll sort it when we have the time.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: glloyd
Checked my tickets and find the next action on my over charge will be 15th Jan 11 days after I reported the over charge. I think I will now start charging PlusNet interest on monies owing.
Quote from: I
Thanks Matt
I assume from your reply , any customer over charged ( payment taken is the same as advanced payment info, but advanced payment info is wrong (to high) )  , can do a chargeback via the bank , which is seen as a valid reason by PN, the account will not be disabled ,accounts will ring customer to sort out?
If i have assumed wrongly , please let me know
Regards
Mike

glloyd , just give them a chargreback , (there's been no response from Matt, so can only assume the above is correct), then let them call you to sort it out, no more waiting on hold either .
This is what i will do this month if i am overcharged, like last month.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glloyd
Rising Star

When I reported the over charge on the 4th I was told you have to wait 7 days after the due date (8th) before the refund is issued which then takes 10 days to get to my account. That accounts for the 15th for next action. Really bad!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Certainly not particularly good.
Hopefully the 'new' billing system will not have excessive built-in latency.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
glloyd
Rising Star

As there is no sign of my money being rebated please take note I will be charging interest of 58p per day backdated to the 8th January 2014.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, that's £10.49 refunded from January's invoice (well, £10 from that and 49p from a different invoice because I'd gotten the amount wrong, sorry about that).
We'll keep an eye on it to see what happens next month but we think it's an oddity in the way LRS was added that's now sorted itself out. Really sorry about the delay on that.
glloyd
Rising Star

Thank you Matt but that's still wrong. I was charged £14.99 line rental plus £4.50 call package so the refund should be £14.95 not £10.49. (plus interest of 58p per day). Just notice you have issued credit notes not refunds please REFUND £14.99 without delay.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd,
Sorry about that, miscalculation on my part regarding the amounts - an additional £4.50 has been refunded to you. I'm afraid I'm not going to address the interest, if you wish to take that up I'd recommend writing in about it.
As for credit notes/refunds, I have indeed issued refunds - the system adds the credit notes automatically as otherwise your account would show as being out of balance. Please check service notices 182209899, 182207367 and 182207241 to confirm the three refunds of £10, £0.49 and £4.50.
roisin19
Dabbler

This thread makes for dire reading. I too have been overcharged on my latest bill, I was charged for line rental when I've already paid LRS. I have put this in a ticket, but guess what, no response yet.
The money hasn't come out of my account yet, let's see how long it takes for me to get it back.
Overall, this seems like a stupid system where if a customer tells you they have been overcharged and you agree there is nothing PN can do about it until the money has reached them? That was my understanding of this thread anyway, and I don't know much about how banks work, but surely PN should be able to amend the bill and notify the bank before the payment is taken from the customers account? That way everyone is happy Smiley