Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were is the support?

prichardson
Grafter

Re: Were is the support?

Hi Mathew,
I'm not convinced that what was requested of BT this afternoon has been done. We have limited view of the interleaving status until it is well in effect, but we do get some information and hinters for the trained eye.
Don't fret, I'll get this looked in to and whilst I have started the ball rolling, more important things such as sleep will intervene.
mathewrennie
Dabbler

Hi Phil.
I'm sick to death with BT, really I don't get it with them..  I think it is time for me to speak to Ian Shanks (Head of Scottish Affairs BT and a very good friend.!) to find out excatly what is happening with this order.  I honestly can't see what the issue is with turning if off, my line supported Interleaving off in the past and as said was done within 24 hours so why now all the problems?
As with the manual override, this hasn't been done... infact I wasn't counting on it to be honest. Been there done that and got the T-Shirt, the problem with large organisations is that they can get away with saying whatever they like, how's the end user going to find out? When they do it's already been another 24 hours wasted, and what they don't seem to understand is the end user won't wait forever..!
My plan of action is to contact BT Wholesale via Ian Shanks and chase this order up.
prichardson
Grafter

By all means, be my guest.
This case has  been the exception to the norm in terms of order progression.
I am currently waiting for a response from a team leader at BT after I emailed him yesterday evening, though he is not on duty until 5pm.
mathewrennie
Dabbler

Hi Phil,
Looks like my hands are tied on this one, and I'm just going to have to sit through the tidal wave.  I'm just off the phone to your guys at plusnet and the advisor on the phone Lee said your the best person to talk to has you have further knowledge in this field.
I'm not happy about all this, but I'm having to take timeout ...!
Ian Shanks only deals directly with BT Related Products , not 3rd Party so this isn't going to help me either so I give up.
It is all down to you guys at Plusnet to get things sorted out, so I'll leave it up to you,  the outcome will make my mind up if I stay or go! 
Cheers,
Mat.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Hi Mat,
To be honest, is it really fair that you should leave Plusnet due to something outside of their control?
I know you're ranting, and it's the heat of the moment, however, if you use another BT Wholesale based ISP, don't you think that realistically whoever you go to will experience the same issues as you have experienced here?
Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to look out the box a bit.
I'm sure that Phil will get it sorted as soon as he can..
Cheers
CB
prichardson
Grafter

I think that is the best we can hope for at the best of times, but granted in this case we should have reacted sooner.
Just to add to the above and my ticket reply, this problems will most likely have occurred regardless of the provider you are with (restricting it down to BT Wholesale based supply of-course).
Part of the why it has happened is an answer I want myself. This stuff happens and whilst I don't wish it on anybody, somebody has to be the victim when it does. Events have taken place which means I might not get that answer now though, but that wont stop the fight to fix it.
In regards to your MAC, which we can supply even should you not use it, there is a choice. An open order of any type places the circuit into a state under which a MAC cannot be generated. So the choice is that you allow us to the time to get this resolved and then should you feel it has reached a point of no return we can cancel the order to allow a MAC to be generated. Or we can cancel it now and generate a MAC for you and replace the order (whilst the order is open, other BT Wholesale ISPs will get a rejected order trying to migrate you).
From the perspective of the problem itself, it would be better to allow us to keep the order open and only generate the MAC when you feel it's gone to far.
mathewrennie
Dabbler

So far I'm pleased with the information I'm being provided Phil.
I've just came off the phone from Plusnet cancellation department and just this second asked them to defer my MAC request until this situation is resolved.  I am human and do have a heart and I know BT can cause issues outwith other companies.  
I'm willing to give Plusnet a go as the customer support has been world class..!
Heloman
Grafter

Totally agree with that last comment, Mat.
You've clearly had a lot of frustration, but I've experienced many ISPs and don't believe there are any with such helpful and friendly CS as PN's.
To start with, most ISPs insist on only going through the correct channels  (ie ticket or phone). I haven't come across another where the staff also engage with customers problems on the forums and usenet. And on a Sunday afternoon as well !
Hec, I've even seen a PN CS person answer a query on the uk.people.silversurfers newsgroup  Smiley
(And I'm not suggesting that he was himself a silversurfer.....)
mathewrennie
Dabbler

Got back from a game of snooker tonight, and found that my ping and internet problems are gone.... could it be that BT have finally removed interleaving from my line?
If so I'm very greatful for everything Plusnet have done even though I've been upset and angry, you guys have always replied with the upmost respect..!
Hopefully this will be the start of a wonderful experience, just of Warhawk and I'm back to my good old game play, feels great...!  Oh and one quick thing.. my ping is 26ms to 33ms a big difference than 150ms
Once again thanks,
Mathew. Cheesy
prichardson
Grafter

Glad to hear all is well. I never did get the chance to follow-up on the order (been bed ridden) other than receiving an email (including a screenshot) proving the manual override has been performed.