cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, looks like it's a common problem...

promuso

Well, looks like it's a common problem...

Just flipping through the many posts here suggest that there are some problems with Plusnet and its' broadband provision.
For my part, I've had over three years of unfettered, unbridled provision at a decent enough speed (around 5/6 Meg) then........
One sad day in April/May last, BT upgraded our local exchange to great local press laudings and our business provision just dropped out of site.  I can pin the problem to a specific saturday which, unsurprisingly, coincided with the exchange upgrade date.
That was over a month ago.  I'm on day 27 of the service being unusable.
In spite of explaining all of the *possible* reasons for the lack of speed (9kbps  - 200 kbps..) it has taken PLusnet three weeks to get a BT engineer to visit on site.  He arrived last Friday and confirmed within minutes that the line had a fault and went off to the exchange (100 yards away) to sort it out.  He didn't!  He did, however, cap the line level down from 6500 to 5000kbps !!  Great  (even if  though it's not working..)
Meanwhile Plusnet bash on about VP's, increased contention over time etc., all missing the point entirely.
To make matters infinitely worse, we operate a front line care service to over 650 clients via 170 staff many of whom would just die without our continued support (for example, an older dementia client with diabeties would drop into a coma without medication very quickly.. that sort of thing) and we organise and roster everything via Internet based software. We also use Internet based texting to all staff with last minute changes/instructions etc.,  all completely unworkable without broadband provision.
This level of service to a business customer is nonsensical and completely unnacceptable.  We are still waiting for the servfice to be restored to a usable level.
In the meantime,  I have taken the step of ordering broadband from another provider and that was installed last Friday also.  I intend to configure that over the next couple of days, set up new email address's and swap our Domain after which I am just cancelling the Plusnet service.
Ironically,  I have just ordered and installed two other broadband services in local offices and am awaiting the provision of two more in the next few weeks......  all with a provider other than Plusnet, as you might imagine.
So, there we are. Not only has Plusnet lost this customer but they've just lost five different broadband provisions in one go.  Not a great loss in the big picture but £200 a month I suppose overall.
The upside of all this is the new provision is achieving speeds of 13000kbps, over twice the speed of Plusnet - if it WERE working.
So, mixed feelings really.  If it had not been for the poor service from Plusnet in the first place I would never have looked elsewhere and therefore would not have had much better speeds....
Shortly be away from here so... bye to those who are staying..
PJ
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Well, looks like it's a common problem...

PJ,
We're really disappointed to read about the problems you've had here. Without a doubt it is clear to see that there are a number of points in our dealing with this fault where we could have acted quicker.
It is definitely not in our interest to disregard any customer's issues what so ever let-alone business customers such as yourselves as we do appreciate and understand the impact of a loss of or a reduced service on businesses such as yours. As such from here on I will do all I can to ensure that this is handled with a sense of urgency and priority.
We do understand that you have taken a service from another ISP now and are looking to cancel with us, however in the meantime I will ensure that we have capable and experienced agents dealing with your fault. We do appreciate why you feel the way you do about this at the moment, we do hope that you change your mind and we are under no illusions that we may have some work to do ourselves if that were to happen at all.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
promuso

Adam,
Thank you for taking the trouble to respond to my post...
I am appreciative of your assurances that something might be done about the problem.
I tried desperately to not condemn Plusnet because I have truthfully had not one problem over the past three years or so..However,  having now had a serious problem I have been disappointed with the effort and service to resolve our problems.
In reality,  I am sure the fault lies with BT and the problems we have had have been excaserbated by the working relations you have (..or not!)  with BT.
Quite clearly, in our case,  something has been altered or changed at the exchange and getting BT to address it, resolve it or even look at it is a big issue.
I feel that you have been caught in a catch 22 situation where you have the responsibility for the service but don't have the authority to get BT moving  (at least, that's how it seems..).
If I were cycnical, I'd say that any general delay on technical issues *might*  encourage customers to move elsewhere and that might mean a move (back?) to BT for provision.
Anyway,  for us we cannot be put in this position and we cannot operate without broadband so have had to make decisions and choices to take control of our situation.
I am sorry we have got to this stage and would have been prepared to wait a short period to get the problem fixed...unfortunately the delay in you pressing BT has caused much of our continuing problem even though we do not hold you responsible for 'physical'  line problems ..
Would be nice to have it working again before we actually move on....
PJ
Mark
Grafter

Hi PJ
I've tried to give you a ring and have left a voice mail.
Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the experience you have had with this fault. I can say that our business support team fell well short of the standard of service we normally provide. I have looked into your issue in some depth and have reviewed our approach with the support team manager, and he will ensure the necessary "education" is administered to the agents involved in this issue.
As per my voicemail, I'd like to have a chat regarding your experience and I'll give you a ring tomorrow. You should have my mobile number now in your missed calls list. If you have time this evening and wish to ring me, I'll be happy to take the call.
Either way, I look forward to speaking with you.
Mark
artificer
Grafter

:popcorn: