cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well. It's been a hell of a ride, but....... Bye bye.

Ado16
Grafter

Re: Well. It's been a hell of a ride, but....... Bye bye.

I said at the beginning that I understand the ins and outs in the nature of how flexible companies can be, but I think it remains the case that whilst BT are still the Troll guarding the bridge, so to speak, we all suffer. I'm not a great fan of all this fake competition nonsense and it is fake whilst BT is in charge. BT should never have been allowed to merge with T-Mobile and Orange. What a joke! Because there was enough competition elsewhere? Not really. It was less a matter of competition and probably just old boy network back scratching! ....and there's the rub! It's not "Hard done by Communications Companies trying to make ends meet" It's multi million pound, multi deal corporations carving their share of the Market between them!
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Ado16 wrote:
I said at the beginning that I understand the ins and outs in the nature of how flexible companies can be, but I think it remains the case that whilst BT are still the Troll guarding the bridge, so to speak, we all suffer.

Largely agree with that

I remember when there was no choice but BT, and it was exactly that and any query regarding poor line for data was : we only guarantee fax speeds. Dont like it - Tough.

Then VM came along, and all of a sudden you could leave BT and they were ringing you after you cancelled, all promises that the line could and would be better.

Too late boyo, dont trust you - I'm off

Replaced VM with SKY some years ago despite lower stated speed and never regretted it.

Both neighbours still on BT

One has just upgraded to BT fibre - and is now happy (but his usage would be addressed by any half was decent adsl2 connection)

One is still on BT adsl2 and gets half my sky adsl2 speeds - at best

Never returned to BT until plusnet - and I have regretted it.

Now in the process of leaving and expecting problems even with that.

Cost is important, but I wouldn't leave sky BB for a couple of quid a month

... and certainly wouldn't return to Plusnet mobile for any price above nothing. They have replaced 3 as my do not go to mobile supplier - and Ihave little reason to think plusnet BB would be any different.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Ado16
Grafter

The woes continue.  Like a spiteful partner breaking into your house and smashing your favourite albums. I asked Plusnet to keep our email accounts open, once on the 9th of February when I asked if such a thing was possible and again by Private Message on Twitter the day before our service was about to swap, to confirm that the email accounts would be kept open.
This was confirmed.

Plusnet closed our email accounts on the 25th of February.

Now that's spiteful! 

To a certain extent we had always kept it in mind that important emails needed a gmail address in case problems like this arose. BT kept emails open for nearly ten years. The Post Office kept them open for about five. Virgin cut you off straight away. So we've always been wary. For Plusnet to cut off the email after twice promising to keep it open kind of just blew any chance of us returning in the future. Hell hath no fury like an ISP spurned.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Ado16

I am deeply sorry to hear that your email account has been ceased.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Ado16
Grafter

Thanks Dumbledore. I promise not to go "He who must not be named" on you all! 😉 Spent an hour on the phone last night to a chap who couldn't get his system to work. Not sure if this was further punishment though! 😲🙂
Ado16
Grafter

Possible good news. Gears are grinding.  The Mail might not have reached the shredder yet. We shall see.
Good job I'm not a small business! Shocked

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I've passed this on to our network engineers to restore your mail to your additional mailboxes.

We'll let you know once this is completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cannonball
Hooked

I completely aggree with you, I have been with plusnet for 6 years and they used to be very good. But as my contract ends soon, Plusnet has never contacted me about extending my contract so I rang then up to clarify when my contract ends, they even got that wrong. Hoping they would mention about an extended contract all I was told when my contracts ends and then goodbye. Under that impression I will be leaving Plusnet for another ISP and save myself £10 a month for the same speed. 

What I want to know is why are Plusnet being like this. They used to be very polite and I feel the service has really gone downhill. So much for the TV adverts. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @cannonball

We're really sorry to hear that you weren't put through to our Customer Options team to discuss a retention offer.

If you can let us know when you called in and had this experience we can track the call and pass on feedback internally.

Kind Regards

Fourvees
Dabbler

Leaving too

The Big Company attitude is they are not offering any deals so loyalty you would expect from a company that is doing you proud just does not exist.

Only option left is to change your ISP the same way you have to change your fuel provider.

Good Luck with the New ISP

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see that, we'll always offer the best deal we can as a retention offer and I'm sorry if that's not matched a new customer deal, I'd definitely speak with our customer options team on 0800 432 0200 if you haven't already. I've passed on some feedback about this and I hope everything goes smoothly with your new provider. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This discussion might be of interest … https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Deals-for-new-customers-only/m-p/1632556#M254499

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fourvees
Dabbler

Crocodile Tears 

You have been told not to offer deals to those who are saying they are going to leave.

I was offered 18.99 plus linesaver thats £34 a month for standard broadband only.

It was clear you are losing customers because of this direction lots of other examples online  and you did not care because you have too many customers but carry on like this and you will soon lose good people. 

I tried to stay with plusnet because you used to be a good company , something has gone terribly wrong and it only seems to have started since BT aquired your company. Taking into account your complete lack of a reasonable deal and the fact others are reporting the same story I can see are no longer a customer centric company.

I've had enough 

Byeeee