Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I Tried to Give you More Business.

FIXED
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Well I Tried to Give you More Business.

Son has passed his old phone to me so I thought that I would try a Plusnet SIM.

First Attempt.

Filled in all the on line blurb then as advised started reading the 'Legal Stuff'. Got back to the payment page just as the 15 minute timer on checkout finished and threw me off.

Second Attempt

Having read all the T's and C'sI filled in the form again from scratch, entering all the required data and bank details (even though Plusnet already have all this stuff). Selected 'Go to payment for the first month' or whatever it's called and the page froze.

On reflection perhaps because I have a pop up blocker enabled?

Third Attempt?

Will I bother with a third go? I'll shop around a bit more first, even if it ends up costing me more!

Ho Humm, at least I tried.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Well I Tried to Give you More Business.

entering all the required data and bank details (even though Plusnet already have all this stuff)

That's explained by the billing systems for Mobile being completely separate from those for Broadband

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1

@MisterW 

I guessed that this is the case.

It's a bit of a pain as the phone is still locked to EE so I will need to get it unlocked, but by doing this I can at least stick with GiffGaff. Plusnet is a bit cheaper but it's probably less hassle to get EE to unlock it.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

You seem to be able to unlock EE phones online https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/device-unlock

Although I think if its only Network locked then it should work on PN anyway

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1

Fix

@MisterW 

I rang EE and listened to music for about 20 minutes and got to a very charming and helpful agent. Gave her the phone IMEI  details. She sent an unlock link to Son. He entered the IMEI on his phone and selected unlock. My new phone instantly unlocked. The whole process took about 30 minutes and was free.

I will now stick with GiffGaff for a bit.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

and was free.

@Baldrick1  yes , I dont think they're allowed to charge for unlocking now, providing the phone has been used for a reasonable period.

If its a dual sim phone then do what I do, have a PN sim & a giffgaff sim. Came in useful last month when I was in the wilds of North Norfolk. No indoor EE coverage, but O2 was fine so just told everyone to call on my Giffgaff number for a few days...

Baldrick1

@MisterW 

The way that it was explained to me:

If Son unlocked it for me through his EE account it was free and instantaneous. If I wanted to unlock it (as in if I'd bought it from the likes of Ebay without co-operation from the seller) then EE charges £8.99 and it would take a few weeks.

It is dual SIM phone but the second one is an eSIM.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but the second one is an eSIM

@Baldrick1 that's a pain, AFAIK only the main providers do eSim provision at the moment, none of the MVNO's can