Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Chat to Support waste of 25 minutes

adagio
Grafter

Web Chat to Support waste of 25 minutes

Re: Question #108468202
A short while ago had a 'Web Chat' conversation. What a waste of both the agent's and my time. Although polite and friendly the agent was unable either to do anything or tell me anything over the course of 25 minutes. I was left no wiser.
I have experienced dire speed problems and disconnects for about 3 weeks. Most unusually the issue is with upload rather than download.  I am on 80/20 Unlimited FTTC my current reported line speed is 60 Mbps (always has been thereabouts some distance from cabinet). BT W speedtester and Thinkbroadband roughly agree on download speeds  of 50 plus/minus a bit. My normal upload speed has been 16-17. Reliable line for nearly 3 years now. Upload speed seems now stuck at ~2.0 Mbps although has been as low as 0.25! Download perfectly acceptable.
Engineer came as promised last Friday morning 14/08 spent about 30 minutes checking the line first via BTOR modem then direct into socket. He found no evidence of any problem - synch speed was 60 Mbps.
There was a disconnection on Sunday (16/08) when no one was at home and no computers switched on. Another at 10.45 today which lasted about 5 minutes.
Question now "on hold" and another 72 hours will elapse before an update! This is unacceptable. I have come to the conclusion, perhaps wrongly, that there is no fault with my line but rather with PlusNet's infrastructure/systems.
I joined PlusNet  7 years ago the choice based on their reputation for reliability and customer service. These characteristics seem to have "gone the way of all flesh". I do not want a "cheap and cheerful" ISP, I spend a good deal of time on-line, but it would appear that this is what PlusNet is fast becoming. Where should I go?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Web Chat to Support waste of 25 minutes

Hi there,
I believe that the fault ticket will be picked up again shortly. Sorry for the problems you're having.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: adagio
I do not want a "cheap and cheerful" ISP, I spend a good deal of time on-line, but it would appear that this is what PlusNet is fast becoming. Where should I go?

If your monthly download is less than 100GB look at Home::1
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adagio
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

I believe that the fault ticket will be picked up again shortly. Sorry for the problems you're having.

Hi Chris
Thanks for the post. Update at 19.30 yesterday. Apparently there is an intermittent (  Cry ) line fault. Appointment to be made for another visit.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: jelv
If your monthly download is less than 100GB look at Home::1

That's ADSL, FTTC is £10 more.
freddymazda2

I have been with PN now for a number of years and noticed a distinct deterioration in the service. The quality of the website is also very poor and it seems that PN have gone out of their way to make it difficult to obtain customer support.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I Hope PN staff Here take note of freddymazda2 post #5 , and escalate it to the required OFFICE !!!!!
this is not the first of such like posts and it wont be the last
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .