cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'll make you proud!

peterjmford

We'll make you proud!

Why does it take more than 30 minutes waiting on the phone to get through to Plusnet? Lack of staff & too many complaints perhaps? Before BT got hold of it Plusnet was a great company. Now it seems to have fallen to the same incompetence level as its parents company.

My broadband contract was due to end, so I opted to go for superfast broadband. i should add that I live 200yds from the Telephone exchange, and over the last 12 months or so fibre has been installed from the exchange to the pole outside my house, with the appropriate electronics to connect it to the existing drop wire. This is the latest fibre technology.

I opted to renew it with a modest 36mbits/sec upgrade .  ( the new system is capable of  more than 300mbits/sec. if you are prepared to pay for it!) I was given a completion date, which duly passed and after another wait of more than 30 minutes I spoke to someone who told me there was a problem, but they didn't know what it was. I was then connected to someone else, who eventually sent me a text saying the problem would be resolved in the next 24-48 hours! 

Again nothing happened. I waited a couple of days and then joined the queue for more than 30 minutes waiting to be connected to someone at Plusnet and then someone else at Plusnet. I was basically told that the changeover would now take place on November 1st, and they were totally dependent on BT, who were short of Fibre engineers!  Am I confident that this will hasppen? NO!

As someone who worked in  BT Research Laboratories for 30 years, I have a pretty good idea how long this simple changeover should take. Perhaps BT should use all the money it spends using an actor with a phoney, Yorkshire accent telling everyone "PLUSNET, we'll do you proud!," on training some more engineers!

Peter Ford

1 REPLY 1
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: We'll make you proud!

Hello Mr Ford,

Thank you for getting in touch. I’m sorry that you’ve had to wait such a long time trying to get through via our contact centre. We are experiencing high call volumes at the moment but I can assure you our staff do their very best to help every customer. In future, should you prefer, you can always contact us via the forum to avoid long call waiting times.

I’m pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us and upgrade your service. Please accept our apologies for the delays you have experienced so far. Due to high demand, our suppliers do not currently have the necessary skilled engineers available to provide you with the quality of service you require.

However, as per your conversation with my colleague, your upgrade is due to be completed on the 01/11/2018. We hope that the transition is completed as smoothly as possible for you.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance – Sophia.