Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'll do you proud???

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: We'll do you proud???

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
If Plusnet can hold Openreach to account, they should do so immediately.

We are doing so and I'll make sure we continue to do so...................................  .your kind of scenario as it the issue isn't strictly regarded as a fault so a different process has to be followed.
I would expect that we'll receive an update today. I'll be checking for one for you later this afternoon,                                            if there are any issues following that I'll make sure I look into what the best course of action is for us to take from there so that we would be ready and primed on Monday to take this further, I sincerely hope that isn't the case but I'll make sure we're prepared to chase this up quickly in case things do go that way.

Erm... I would say that is not good enough...
1... good that your intend to make sure you continue to do so...
2. this scenario should be dealt with now.... and there should be a "process that has to be followed".... that ENSURES... this is dealt with NOW...
3. There will always be a "debatable" "best course of action". scenario, to do a damage limitation exercise... but "Being ready and primed for MONDAY to take this further....... "    this is not good enough. This, I believe, is what is understood by ..... "taking them to account" for their actions
4. The best course of action is to get an engineer out to the OP  ( yes ... OP  =  Original Poster ).. and get him connected.... in other words to rectify the error of the original BT engineer IMMEDIATELY.
5. Being prepared to chase this up quickly,... Erm.... you should be doing that now.... not being a good boy scout and being prepared.
You should be on the phone bending someone`s ear all day long if necessary... someone in the BT scheduling department, knows where each and every engineer is, on any particular day, and diverting one from a nearby location should not be something that needs 24 hours to sort out... we are in the age of instant communication either by mobile phone or text messages. so instructions from the head honcho of a section can be given to the man on the ground .... instantly. (well within an hour) ... and that should be how it is done.
waiting around for your return phone call, adds delay...it is now 10.00 on Friday, and by the time you get that call it will be "the engineers have all gone home for the weekend .... see ya monday .."..
C`mon... I have seen BT openreach vans working on saturday and sundays... even well into the evening... so that is no excuse ....
Plusnet have a contract with BT.... USE IT...

getitwrite
Dabbler

You're absolutely right- it isn't good enough. It should (and could) be resolved now. I shouldn't be kept waiting to be updated - 'Sean' keeps telling me he'll be on the case and I've heard nothing from him for days. Any further delay just isn't right. I'm beginning to get cross again now...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I understand the frustration of having a fault and I can see the point that Shutter is making, however fixing faults instantly really isn't realistic. We have to follow set process, guidelines and escalation procedures the same as any other ISP and we rely on our staff and Openrach availability in order to resolve faults.
Diverting engineers away from other jobs will just mean that the other job they are doing will be delayed and therefore the potential for a complaint from that one too.
'Sean' keeps telling me he'll be on the case and I've heard nothing from him for days

This really concerns me, let me follow it up as we should be updating you on this at least daily.
I've actually just asked someone to look a bit more in to this as it's a fault with the phone line (although caused by a Fibre engineer that we requested) and we're not the phone suppliers. Please don't take that as us trying to palm the problem off, far from it, I just want to make sure that this is being dealt with in the best and correct ways.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@getitwrite
Something has come to light, where as we will keep pushing things from our side for you (and I will make sure of that) it may help speed things up if you raise this issue with your current phone provider as well.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
getitwrite
Dabbler

Sorry, that doesn't help - 'Something has come to light'? My current phone provider is BT but you're the ones who should be sorting it out, not me - I've no idea who would deal with this in BT.
shutter
Community Veteran

your kind of scenario as it the issue isn't strictly regarded as a fault so a different process has to be followed.

@Chris..... the above quote is from Adam Walker....
How does this tie in with your response.... saying it IS a fault.....
The only fault, as I can see, from the OP, is that the BT engineer did not do his job properly,....It is not a "LINE FAULT" to be dealt with in the same way as a Line Fault.... this is incompetence on the part of the BT engineer, causing YOU, and your customer, and , in the long run, PlusNet as a company, BIG TIME TROUBLE....
You should be causing BIG TIME TROUBLE with BT ... not waiting around for "procedures" hoping it will go away and right itself over the weekend.
As the OP has just pointed out.... It is not his responsibility to chase up BT ... his contract is with PlusNet.... It is your contract with BT that is the point...
Sale of goods act  comes into play here......  the customer complains to his supplier, and his supplier deals with the complaint in its entirety, to get satisfaction for the custome.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

his contract is with PlusNet.... It is your contract with BT that is the point...
Sale of goods act  comes into play here......  the customer complains to his supplier, and his supplier deals with the complaint in its entirety, to get satisfaction for the custome.

Yes, understood but the problem is with the phone service for which we are *not* the supplier. We're going to continue pushing this from our side but as it's an issue with the phone line it may help to raise this as a fault with the current phone provider.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
getitwrite
Dabbler

'The customer' has just complained to BT who said that it is the responsibility of the new provider (i.e. Plusnet) and if they contacted Openreach, Openreach would just say it would have to be dealt with by Plusnet. 
Come on Adam, you can do better than this - sort it out!
I'm now told (at last) by Sean that there has been confusion between Plusnet and Openreach. Potentially, this means it could drag on for days. GET IT SORTED TODAY PLEASE!
getitwrite
Dabbler

Just for the interest of other readers, here is Sean's message to me:
"Openreach have got back in touch with me but it looks as though there some confusion over who placed the order for you fibre broadband installation - for some reason they didn't think it was us. I have replied advising that we did arrange for the install, and have sent them to the order number to confirm this. Hopefully they'll be in touch with you soon to arrange a convenient time to come and correct this error. If they do get back in touch with us before they contact you, we'll be in touch straight away to provide the latest update."
So, although I've been told all along that Plusnet has done everything it can to escalate this, it appears it hasn't done very much as it has taken them FIVE DAYS to get a message from Openreach which has shown 'some confusion'. How can there be confusion if they have really been chasing Openreach? If they have had any type of discussion with them whatsoever, they should have known this five days ago. This smacks to me of dishonesty and fobbing me off with excuses. Very, very poor.
getitwrite
Dabbler

Please provide the following:
- Complete details of how this problem has been 'escalated', along with dates and times
- An assurance that this will be sorted out today

James
Grafter

For the sake of clarity.
BT are wrong.  There is a problem with the telephone service (which I fully appreciate is as a result of the installation of broadband).  We are unable to escalate the provision because the order is completed, which by their own logic and processes which we must follow means that it is a fault. We are unable to raise a fault on the phone line as we are not the supplier, as such BT must do this.
As such I discussed with Adam earlier and we have raised a formal complaint with Openreach.  Their SLA is 5 working days, hence why I recommended that Adam suggest that you raise a phone fault through BT.  I believe that should they do so, your phone service should be operational within 24-48 hours, rather than waiting for your phone to transfer to us on the 28th (?). I am uncertain why they would not do this for you, but it may be because you are already leaving them and they are not keen to do this for a customer that is leaving.
For the sake of others reading this thread (mainly Shutter), we do have escalation paths with our suppliers (Openreach and Wholesale) but we *cannot* raise a fault on a service we do not supply.  We have, as mentioned above, raised a formal complaint to Openreach regarding the quality of the install.
@Getitwrite - I (as are Adam and Chris) am genuinely sorry for the issues that you have experienced and have been failed by a somewhat annoying process issue but I am being sincere when I state that we are doing all that is available to us. I deal with escalations at a very senior level as one of the main aspects of my job and even so, I am unable to get a phone fault fixed when we do not supply service as Openreach will refuse to talk to us about your telephone line.
I cannot give you any assurance that it will be sorted today, but there is an outside chance that could happen if BT allow you to raise a phone fault as is your right as a customer of theirs.  If they don't play ball, please PM me with your details and I will give someone there a ring.
shutter
Community Veteran

Two working days later... Undecided
James
Grafter

You're not helping at all and are only making the situation worse.
I have been in daily contact with getitwrite to update the situation.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the original phone supplier is BT and the OP had immediately reported the issue to BT he could have asked for a free immediate diversion of all incoming calls to another number (including mobile).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

That's not particularly helpful in this case due to reception.
The fault has been raised within BT and myself and a contact at Retail are pushing Openreach to try and get some movement.  It's not the usual scenario but it is extremely frustrating (both for myself and getitwrite).