cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch out for change of rules !!

saif1a
Dabbler

Watch out for change of rules !!

They 'lovingly' saved your bacon on the VAT increase, but they had a field day on
1. INCREASING call charges and
2. REMOVAL of the 300 international minutes.
3. Reduced the free evening period from a 'bound to catch you out' 7pm - 7am instead of the common 6 or 6:30pm start. Calls after that are a staggering 6.4p/m with setup fee.
Basically a lot of stuff not free anymore as they claimed in the honey trap.
I would leave ASAP if I could but they have added a spurious £25 deferal charge on my account for some router they delayed sending me. The router was incidentally ordered because they said that you'd need a special router to get the 20Mb fast service. A speed I have never ever reached.
IN FACT SPEEDS ARE SLOWER THAN MY OLD 8MB Tiscali service (now run by talk talk).
BEWARE: Once you order the router you will no loger be on a monthly contract. It will be for the year. Also you will have a setup fee of £25. In all for me it will cost £90 to leave. Sickening.
They should be called MinusNET
11 REPLIES 11
TicnTac
Grafter

Re: Watch out for change of rules !!

....and?  Huh

..........how come we missed the honey trap? - I like honey  Smiley
I can't see any issues here though, terms & conditions change all the time, services can change all the time, and if you think that the Plusnet service runs on the BT network, well you shouldn't expect too much should you?
3. Reduced the free evening period from a 'bound to catch you out' 7pm - 7am

Everyone using the BT service will have this - it actually makes more sense at this time, most folks travel home from work, or are having tea or putting their children to bed, and who do you ring at 6am?  Smiley
We're quite happy this year, Plusnet now provide us with a better price, so despite the price increases and the cuts, we're paying less  Smiley We don't get much of a great Internet connection, and we've had the problem now since April last year, but with the likes of Adam, Bob, Matt, Ben, Mand & JoJo - who can complain? Wink
They should be called plusnet

I thought they were / are called Plusnet?  Huh
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

What ARE you complaining about?  Undecided
Strangely enough - Everyone increases their prices periodically.If you want to make lots of international calls there is the  Talk Anytime International 300 for only £5 a month . A real bargain. less than 2p a minute.  Or Skype (free)
And as for moving the free evening period, I feel you must be clutching at straws for something else to 'complain' about to beef up your post.
Also, I remember being informed of the set-up charge and deferal charge before i took out the contract.
C'mon, they're not as bad as you make out. It's just a knee jerk reaction.

]Better the devil you know!!  Wink
JonJon
Grafter

You'll find a long discussion about the changes here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91211.0.html
Additionally, specific details are in the FAQ here: http://community.plus.net/vat_faq/?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201011_VAT3&link=vat_faq
You should also have had an email in early December informing you about the changes.  I believe that they agreed that if you have any issues with the T&Cs, they would waive any cancellation charges (but I may be wrong about the last bit!).
Regards,
Jonny.
hitchhiker42

Quote from: saif1a
They should be called plusnet

I think they meant to leave out the L!!
TicnTac
Grafter

I think they meant to leave out the L!!

Ahhhhh I seeeee  Grin  Roll_eyes (heard them called worse............Beeeeeee Teeeeeeee) lol
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Basically a lot of stuff not free anymore as they claimed in the honey trap.

We've certainly not tried to pull the wool over anyone's eyes and we're quite confident that we've dealt with any changes to our terms, conditions or packages in a very transparent way by e-mailing anyone affected with 30 days notice. Also it is clear what you are signing up for as per the information displayed on our site.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I would dispute that Adam, Plusnet has a long, long history of burying important information on the depths of emails.
The email you sent out at the beginning of December should have looked something like this:
Hello.
This email contains important information about the following aspects of your Plusnet service.
  • Change of VAT rate from 4th January 2011
  • Change to off-peak hours for Home Phone users
  • Processing fee for users paying by Credit or Debit Card
  • Location of Call Centre
    We're writing to remind you that the government is increasing VAT to 20% from 4th January 2011. But we're pleased to advise that we're freezing the price of our broadband services. So what you pay for your PlusNet Broadband Your Way Pro (Monthly Contract) package will stay the same. Champion.
    We're also making some changes to our pricing and features for our Home Phone service. From 4th January line rental will be £11.99 a month and we'll no longer offer 300 inclusive minutes to our top 20 international destinations for customers on our Talk Evenings & Weekends call plan, or a 25% discount on our call rates to mobiles for customers on our Talk Anytime call plan.
    Off-peak hours are changing to 7pm – 7am and our call prices are changing too, so please take a look at our updated call tariff for this important information.
    If you pay your bill by credit or debit card, we're introducing a £1.50 processing fee from 1st February. This is to cover the extra cost of processing card payments. But there's no fee if you pay by Direct Debit. And your payments will be safe and secure, backed up by the Direct Debit guarantee. To check your payment method, just visit the Member Centre. It's really easy to set up a Direct Debit if you need one, you can do it all online.
    We've made some changes to our Technical Support and Customer Services, so we wanted to share the good news with you. We're very pleased to announce that all customer enquiries are now handled in Sheffield. So if you do need to call, it's friendly folk in Yorkshire who are there to help 24/7..."
  • jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    eveningstar1968

Hi
    I am a recent customer of plusnet and I chose them because 1) they were competitive with installing the phone line 2) the free calls to europe (spain) and 3) their competitive price for broadband.
    If I had know that they were going to change the rules so quickly after signing up I might have reconsidered my options and went elsewhere. Not impressed I am afraid.....
    What a bad start to my time with Plusnet, which I think will be time-limited!
    gswindale
    Grafter

Quote from: eveningstar1968
    If I had know that they were going to change the rules so quickly after signing up I might have reconsidered my options and went elsewhere. Not impressed I am afraid.....

They are entitled to change T&C at any point.  Any ISP could do the same.
    eveningstar1968

Yeah that might be true... but it makes for bad business... imagine going on holiday and booking a 5 star hotel only to find you've been downgraded to 2 star.
    But, as I always say, vote with your feet!
    eveningstar1968

But, at the end of the day, you're only wasting your time, complaining about changes to T&C, or complaining that you were too busy to notice the subtle changes in the calls anytime facility, with added bonus of inclusive calls to Europe that was announced at the busiest time of the year, which if you didnt sign up to there and then before the 4th of January, really truly, it's all a lot of hot air.
    You look smiling pay your money, be glad that you got the phone line installed at a reasonable price then when the time comes, your loyalty goes out the window and you and I will go elsewhere. We have a phrase in Ireland that half a loaf is better than no loaf at all.