cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch out, BT regrading connections and Plusnet not doing anything !

RRM
Rising Star

Watch out, BT regrading connections and Plusnet not doing anything !

Hi all,
Thought I'd share as I'm extremely unhappy and plusnet seem to think its acceptable.
Ordered my fibre and phone in August, predicted speed was 54mb/s down and 12mb/s upload. On installation I got 26mb and 4mb, I wasn't happy but after several conversations accepted this and had a small discount applied to my service.
After 5 months of pretty steady connection my fibre connection dropped, phone was fine. Report to pnet and they logged as a fault, before the engineer came out Saturday 1st March, my connection came back, connecting at 8mb/s, I let pnet know and they said leave call open and let the engineer come out and reset your connection.
My speed increased over the next few days, peaking at 17mb/s and 3-4mb/s upload, waited all Saturday morning for a engineer, then got a text at 12 noon, stating line was ok and pnet think everything is ok. Called pnet, they said engineer may still come out and they had to wait 72 hours before they can rebook engineer.
Just got a text saying that the supplier regraded my line to 21.5mb/s and therefore 17mb/s was within acceptable range. Called pnet and complained, they are not interested.
Can someone tell me why after a steady connection at 24-26mb/s  now my line is only at 17mb/s and I' m supposed to be happy and just accept it! This is ridiculous. Come on pnet sort it out.
Most annoyed.
Rrm
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Watch out, BT regrading connections and Plusnet not doing anything !

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about this protracted issue, we don't think that is acceptable and personally I'm not willing to accept that the service has been regraded as we see no order trail to show that as being an accountable change.
I don't want to set any particular expectation regarding what we can and can't do about this as I need to speak with an experienced member of our faults team first so I'll do that now and reply back to you again ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RRM
Rising Star

Thank you Adam, I just want someone to get my connection reset at the exchange and restored to 24-26mb because its obvious given its been working at that speed for almost 5 months without issue that it does support it. On a further note, the BT engineer that did the original install said my line would support a max of 28Mb according to his test equipment.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

One of my colleagues in the faults team is reviewing this at my request so they should be in touch with you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RRM
Rising Star

Thanks ever so much Adam, I had a call from Chris his booked an engineer to come out Sunday afternoon, hopefully they'll show up this time and get me back up to 26Mb.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, let us know how things go with the engineer visit.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RRM
Rising Star

Engineer just been, spent sometime checking the wiring outside the house and back to the distribution box. He reckoned his meter was showing 34mb outside the house, reduces to 28mb in the house. When connected back in to the router I'm back at 24mb. Hope it stays there.
Thanks for the help.
RRM
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting us know, I can see we've updated your ticket and we're monitoring how things go over the next few days.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team