Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste of time? low price pro costs more than it did before

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Waste of time? low price pro costs more than it did before

I was on broadband premier option1 for a while, and to cut costs i moved to premium.
As im in a market 1 exchange im paying more  for this service - however im currently on a trial period for three months after that the cost goes up to £20 ( i think)
At the end of the trial i intended to move to plusnet premium for £20 per month as i dont use 20GB per month this would have been ideal, and i would also have been able to make use of the higher download speeds.
So ive just checked the new lower price plusnet pro package and its now £23 per month which is more than i was paying on the old 'legacy'  premier option1 .
Whats going on?
Plusnet pay more get less.

2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Waste of time? low price pro costs more than it did before

Hi pint,
Pro is more expensive and offers less usage because all traffic on that account is prioritised across the network - you should find that all protocols come down at line speed. Traffic from other accounts is of a lower priority and certain protocols are subject to limits during peak times as per the page at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Waste of time? low price pro costs more than it did before

Quote from: pint
At the end of the trial i intended to move to plusnet premium for £20 per month as i dont use 20GB per month this would have been ideal, and i would also have been able to make use of the higher download speeds.

Do you mean Plusnet Pro as opposed to Plusnet Premium? If you do mean Premium then that product no longer exists although the new Extra package is comparable albeit with a 60GB allowance instead of the 80GB offered on Premium.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵