cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to switch from 40/10 to 80/20 for nearly a week, is this normal?

stevelord

Waiting to switch from 40/10 to 80/20 for nearly a week, is this normal?

Hi,
I've been with plusnet for a week now, while the engineer came the day before I wasn't going to argue and so far am pretty happy with the delivery, but the order was fluffed and I was put on 40/10 when I should've been on 80/20. Thankfully the jump has been big enough from my old broadband, but I was told after calling that this would be sorted out. Imagine my surprise when I received the ticket update saying my question's been returned to the pool. Fair enough, but as I called on thursday and it's now the following wednesday I'm really quite shocked that this isn't being looked at.
I'd like to think I'm an isolated incident, but looking here it's pretty clear that I'm not. It's a 5 minute job to switch someone over, I can't believe at how tardy plusnet are!
9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Waiting to switch from 40/10 to 80/20 for nearly a week, is this normal?

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay with this, I can see that an issues on our suppliers systems that did not complete your order has prevented the modify order from completing. This is currently being chased with our suppliers now and I'll update later today.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just a quick update, we've requested that the order is closed off, this should complete either later today or tomorrow. Once this is done I'll get the modify order placed straight away which will take one day to complete.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
We're still pursuing this as the order is still not showing as complete, we've had to escalate this further with our suppliers and will have an update wither later today or first thing tomorrow.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Chris, do you still have what I believe is called an Account Manager to whom these incidents really should be reported? So that he can kick the **** out of BTw. This sort of problem is getting too common place, it's embarrassing. How can you expect customers to recommend Plusnet when this sort of thing is becoming a daily joke.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi anotherone,
Quote from: Anotherone
Chris, do you still have what I believe is called an Account Manager to whom these incidents really should be reported?

Yes, we do - and we do have regular calls and less regular meetings with them, to discuss these issues.
Quote from: Anotherone
So that he can kick the **** out of BTw.

Well that's the theory. However once it's reported as with most things we have to refer to our suppliers (faults, orders etc) it's very much out of our hands.
Anotherone
Champion

When you say, "out of our hands" I take it you mean the DCT, which is understandable, or do you mean out of Plusnet's hands?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, I mean the latter.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks. Well I'm afraid that means your "higher-ups" aren't pursuing these things vigorously enough  Crazy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Apologies for the wait with this. We've eventually managed to get the original order completed and I've placed the modify order to move your product to the 80/20.
This will complete tomorrow for you.