cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting time to discuss home move ridiculous

adagio
Grafter

Waiting time to discuss home move ridiculous

I need to talk to someone about a home move for my sister-in-law who has moved into a care home. Telephoned as suggested to be told waiting time ~40 minutes. That in itself is unacceptable but having waited for 5 of them I was offered a web chat. Foolishly I clicked yes and hung up only to be told that home moves could not be dealt with via web chat!!!!
I am half inclined to recommend to my s-i-l that she cancels and goes elsewhere. Talk-Talk are I believe eagerly seeking customers Grin
I have raised a ticket and would be grateful if someone could respond promptly. The ticket was raised on her account which I will gladly PM to an appropriate PN staff member.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Waiting time to discuss home move ridiculous

Hi adagio,
I'm sorry about the wait.
I can answer or get answers to any questions you might have about a move but we can only arrange such a move over the phone and not via ticket.
Please feel free to PM me with the details and I'll take a look for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adagio
Grafter

@ Adam - have PM'd the account name.
adagio
Grafter

@Adam
Am very disappointed not to have received a response to my post to  ticket #113243244 which I made a week ago today. My sister-in-law's tenancy of the sheltered flat ends today and we are no further towards either a 'house move' or cancellation if that is not possible. Please read the post. My s-i-l is not physically capable of holding a mobile phone to her ear for 30 minutes or more waiting for Plusnet to have the goodness to answer.
Please make a sensible suggestion for a way forward.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi adagio, what I can't offer is for us to agree to the house move from someone who isn't the account holder.
Would it not be possible for you to be present with her and perhaps pass the phone on (maybe using speakerphone if that's easier) so we can gain her authorisation to speak to you and arrange the move (or another nominated authorised contact maybe)?
This in all honesty is the only way around the issue I can recommend.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adagio
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Would it not be possible for you to be present with her and perhaps pass the phone on (maybe using speakerphone if that's easier) so we can gain her authorisation to speak to you and arrange the move (or another nominated authorised contact maybe)?

It would indeed be possible were we not to live 100 miles away. As I stated on the ticket, I set up the internet account 5 years ago and arranged her move which was to phone+internet when she moved into sheltered accommodation. No-one at Plusnet demanded then that they speak to the customer.
My wife is in the process of obtaining power of attorney but this takes time, meanwhile the tenancy has ended and shortly a new tenant will move in. What will Plusnet do then? Should I suggest that she cancel the direct debit and when phone line installed in her room go to an alternative provider?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Adagio,
I don't want that to happen as much as you and it's up to them or the person with power of attorney to make the right decision for them now.
I'm sorry we couldn't find an easier way around this.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Draft a letter cancelling the account and get s-i-l to sign it. Send it (signed for) to:
Plusnet Plc
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU
See para 46 of https://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time with 14 days' notice, either by notifying us directly or, where you are switching provider, we will accept that provider's order notification as notice. We will accept notice from you via phone or in writing. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adagio
Grafter

Quote from: spoon
Draft a letter cancelling the account and get s-i-l to sign it. Send it (signed for) to:

Thanks for the suggestion and link - have done so.