cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting THREE MONTHS for broadband. Now no internet at all for weeks. Pathetic.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Ok, I give up. Waiting TWO MONTHS for broadband, any type of broadband will do.

I've updated your ticket with all the communication with our suppliers and that you will be seeing activity tomorrow.
I'll update you again tomorrow. I will try and call you at some-point to see exactly what is going on.
Chris
DelphGeek
Grafter

Re: Ok, I give up. Waiting TWO MONTHS for broadband, any type of broadband will do.

Hi all. Openreach were in the Village yesterday, dragging new cables though the underground structures. I have just done a speed test with Plusnet/B.Ts  own speed checker and we are still at 0.188 Mb
No change so far then.
We wait.
DelphGeek and Family.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your time on the phone.
As discussed I have updated your ticket with the latest update from our suppliers
I'll be in-touch with you tomorrow just after lunch.
Chris
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I guess other people must be having problems if they are replacing a main cable, so at least that's perhaps one thing in your favour. How long it will take them to join up the ends though could be another matter. You could start a sweepstake for fun, days, weeks .....who knows  Huh
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Wow - and I thought my missed appointment was bad.  What a joke - please post how your formal compliant s going. It must be costing the country millions in missed appointments and us huge amounts for days unpaid.
James
Grafter

@Delphgeek
I'm REALLY sorry this is still dragging on.
We've raised this at General Manager level within Openreach (that's one level above head of department).
I'm hoping to get a meaningful update in the next hour or so.
DelphGeek
Grafter

Hello again. A brief update. Openreach were in the village on Monday this week. We are still not convinced that they are in the right place, but we defer to their greater knowledge! We have not seen Openreach anywhere along the route since Monday.
Our internet speed is now reduced again to around 180k. As an existing Plusnet broadband/'Phone customer I believed that the "upgrade" to fibre would have been either 1: completed smoothly or 2: not offered if our location did not meet required distances. Don't promise what you can't deliver.
Thanks however to Chris P at Plusnet for keeping me up to date as much as possible. We do appear to understand each others frustration now.
Strangely, our nearest neighbour is now complaining about problems with her Internet service provider and broadband speeds. Come on Openreach, get your house in order. Happily, she doesn't use Plusnet but TalkTalk. Good luck with them too.
I do appreciate that forums like these are more likely to attract negative comments. Good news tends to be overlooked. However, as a potential new customer, if I glanced at these forums, I'd sure as heck be wondering whether to take the chance or not. My recent experience has not been good. In fact it's been dire.
77 days from order to any form of satisfactory completion or original broadband speed is simply...well you choose a word.
As an update to the update, we have just received a call from an Openreach engineer 11:10 asking if the line is Ok now. We explained again.
77 days in one minute, phew.  He's on his way round. Maybe he knows something we don't but I suspect not. The kettles on anyway. Maybe I should just let him read this forum post from beginning to end. Maybe WE could encourage the New Chief Executive of OpenBreach to read it.

Best wishes to everyone. Patience Strong.
DelphGeek and Family.

Anotherone
Champion

Happily, she doesn't use Plusnet but TalkTalk.

You are having a laugh, aren't you  Crazy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No, that's good if Talk Talk are also on the OpenRetch's backs.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

How did you get on tonight? I'll check up with with our suppliers tomorrow as I mentioned and update you.
Anotherone
Champion

Now would your suppliers be BTw or OpenReach in this instance?
DelphGeek
Grafter

Hello all. Bet you thought this had been sorted out and I'd gone. 
I'm now using a clients computer to get onto these forums as again, i have no internet access.
Last Friday, a BT/Openreach qualified engineer (with lots of his mates) came to our house. He checked the line. Poor internet speeds but a perfectly clean and clear line.
They checked size mismatched cables down a nearby manhole and reported that all was well. No  fault but now no internet either. He returned to our house, changed the fibre router back to the original broadband router and still no internet.
Because he was both fibre and DSL qualified, he had taken the initiative and switched us off fibre which he told us we COULD NOT HAVE, back to our original broadband.
He got line speeds of 2.4mb down. However, the router refused to sync. We were asked to leave it for up to 90 minutes and if no internet, contact Plusnet. He left. We had no internet.
2 Hours later I called Plusnet and repeated what the engineer had stated that it simply needed re authorising as broadband..
THAT WAS EIGHT DAYS AGO.
We now receive 'phone calls from Plusnet every day since then but are no nearer any form of internet at all.
So. Ordered on 26 July. Installed by Openreach on 15 August. Subsequent visits by Openreach have resulted in speed DROPS Our speed last Thursday  was 400k. . Now we have nothing.
Where now? 9 weeks plus with no broadband and now no internet. Suggestions folks?
They have had my complaint online and by letter. I have complained a second time and quoted the relevant acts as advised. My Son in Birmingham is dealing with "Watchdog" and a friendly solicitor is watching these forums for me before acting.
9 weeks has taught us that we can manage without the internet, but it's nice to have. And it's what we are still paying for.
We accept that Fibre is not possible now. Why did you sell it to us. Why cant we have our original broadband back? Is it really that difficult to do. Have we broken even Plusnets shoddy record?
Is it a test? Have we passed yet?
In dismay..
DelphGeek and Family.

Anotherone
Champion

There does seem to be a bit of a pig's ear here since last week. You said that the "router refused to sync". Would that have been a 582n that you were sent for Fibre? If so, they have specially flashed firmware for Fibre and I don't believe they can work as standard ADSL Modem/Routers without being reflashed. Have you tried another known good Modem/router to see if you can get sync with exchange and at what speed? It would then only remain for Plusnet to ensure that the circuit is set up correctly by BTw for you to authenticate and possibly send you a new modem/router if you wanted one.
(As an aside, you may also be interested in this and subsequent posts http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108547.msg927471.html#msg927471 ).
DelphGeek
Grafter

Hello all. using another clients computer to get on these forums. Here's the update.
Wed 24 Oct 12. Called plusnet yesterday as no recent communication from them. I suspect abject embarrassment.
They called back after having time to discuss a new excuse and suggested that a new line was the way forward.
NEW TEMPORARY TELEPHONE NUMBER AND NEW LINE SHOULD SORT OUT LACK OF INTERNET. Escalated to slightly below God level. Existing line showing faults!!! despite reassurances from every B.T engineer that the line is utterly clean and 100% perfect. Fudge.
Up to today (Wednesday) NO BROADBAND FOR 10 WEEKS, No internet at all for 12 days since the last engineer disconnected fibre and reconnected DSL. Stating that the rest was an easy job for plusnet to correct from their end. What an appallingly poor joke.
We have been offered every conceivable excuse and lies from plusnet in the last 10 weeks. No one seems to be able to rectify this dire customer service problem and simply give us our old but slow broadband back. It's not simply lack of internet that concerns me and my family, but the sheer incompetence of this unholy alliance of the wholly owned plusnet, openreach and wholesale by the privatised b.t. 
The plusnet managers apparently know about the problems but appear unwilling to pick up a 'phone and apologise or rectify the situation.
My solicitor is raving about breach of contract but is being held at bay until resolution.
I'm seeing clients all week so will endevour to keep this at the top of the forums as a warning to potential new rural customers. We know that we have now broken all records, even for plusnet but that's no consolation. plusnet acknowledge that they have not previously seen a situation as bad as ours but are apparently unable to rectify it in 10 weeks. (actually 12 weeks from order of fibre).
Good luck to you all and Merry Christmas.
Ian Wilshaw and Family.
DelphGeek

James
Grafter

Hi Ian,
I cannot even begin to express how sorry I am that this has taken so long.
I do need to tell you that at no stage have we lied to you.  We have constantly been telling you the information that we have been getting from HLE/OR. Lying to you would serve no benefit to us as we gain nothing from doing so.
The latest information I have is that the fibre order is due to close by the end of today, at which point we can raise a fault on your line and get an(other) engineer out to fix this. It sounds very silly, but because you have a fault on your line, we are unable to raise a fault until the order fully closes.