Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with service so far

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Very unhappy with service so far

I'll tell you what went wrong, it's the system partly to blame. I just raised the same scenario on another thread. First it's BT Retail placing a cease order on your line - don't let them get away with charging you with the cease - I'd get onto them when you can and complain and tell them you want to know why they ceased your line when it was going to be migrated. Don't put up with any BS, tell them you want an answer and they can consider your call as a formal complaint, and the fact that you will be complaining to OFCOM.
You may well have to follow BT Retail's Complaints procedure to make it a formal complaint, but don't let it drop, otherwise the system will never change. (You might even get some compensation).
Second, Plusnet's order to take over the line should IMHO have superseded BTr's cease, and that is where the system is at fault and that is OFCOM's fault that their new procedures don't deal with this issue which has caused grief like this for far too many users over the years, that is the 2nd reason you need to complain to OFCOM. Don't put up with any BS from them either, tell them you want complaint reference number and make it clear that you are complaining about the procedure they have instructed Communication Providers to work to, it is not protecting customers like yourself from this sort of problem that has gone on for too many years. There that's my rant for the night Wink
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see the renumber order has completed and you've got your number back.
I'll try to find out what's happening with the fibre order.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

One month & two days after I made the mistake of signing up to transfer my phone from BT & Broadband from EE to plusnet all I have got is a router I cannot use. I was even without a working phone line for a day as the phone transfer was messed up, had my tel no took away, given another number then complained & had my original no reinstated. Had the instal date for fibre of 14th Aug - this was cancelled. Chatted tonight to find out My order is on hold until 1st sept - problem with open orders on phone line still - cannot proceed with fibre order.
Totally fed up - at end of my tether. Agent was lovely but no help so I told him I'm making an official complaint & cancelling. I shall be documenting this sad saga to send to the regulator. How can things go so wrong. This is truly awful service.
Anotherone
Champion

Did you read my previous reply? Your loss of phone service was not Plusnet's fault, that was BT ceasing your line based on the information you've described. I've suggested a course of action, I suggest you consider it, blaming Plusnet for everything will not do you any good. Matthew will no doubt post back about the Fibre order. As far as I can tell at present, Plusnet's failure was to not pick up the fact that the order they placed failed because of BT's action and didn't notify you. The issue with the "open" order on the line is Openreach's systems, and to be frank, this is all the regulator's fault as their new "transfer" rules have failed to deal with the issues that existed previously and obviously still do. OFCOM are displaying another bout of incompetence.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Anotherone - yes I did read your reply. At no point have I contacted BT about ceasing my line. I left that to plusnet to do with a seamless changeover expected. I did receive a letter from BT saying they were sorry I was leaving - this was organised by plusnet. I do not have a problem with BT. My new order was with plusnet & thats who my contract is with. I'm not really bothered if plusnets supplier BT Openreach messed it up as my redress has to be via plusnet. I have had no charges sent to me by BT as you mention - in fact they are refunding me some money.
The plain fact is after one months wait all that has happened is my phone line has transferred to plusnet & I still don't have a date for fibre broadband.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the further detail. BT may be off the hook then. As you rightly say your contract is with Plusnet, and it's their job to get it sorted. But there is a subtle difference between who is responsible and who is to blame. I still say the systems are not robust enough due to OFCOM's inadequate procedures.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

One month & seven days after ordering fibre broadband still no date for instal. (Previous date of 14th Aug given when joining never materialised). All they have managed to do is disconnect my phone line, loose my phone number & then get it reinstated again. As my current provider of BB is cancelling their service on 6th Sept I chatted with plusnet tonight & said why can't the give me standard BB until fibre is installed. This is where chat is no good as the guy says can't help you need to phone up. So my order is on hold for another 24hrs as there is still an open phone ticket on it & nothing can be done until that is closed. Over the last month this is all that's happened - on hold - wait - problems - waiting for supplier - excuses excuses.
Sick & tired of this terrible service. The worst thing is I now have little faith in it ever getting sorted as it seems beyond them. Totally fed up. Wish I'd never signed up with plusnet. I am wasting my time & life on this saga which has really wound me up & made me very very annoyed.
Anotherone
Champion

This saga would most likely have happened whoever you'd moved to. Have you moaned at OFCOM for their poor procedures?
Who is responsible for this continuing open phone ticket and why is it still open and not been closed?
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

One month & nine days on still no news from Plusnet of a date for my fibre broadband. I shall have to endure a painful long wait phoning them again tonight I suppose to see what's going on - probably nothing & a load of excuses again.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Guess what - got through on plusnet phone line & was told a week ago they had asked for open tickets on my phone line to be closed by their supplier but nothing has been done. So no fibre broadband order can be placed. I asked them if they could provide standard broadband until fibre can be sorted & they can't even do that. Nothing can be done until outstanding phone line tickets are closed. I now await feedback tomorrow when they can contact their supplier. No doubt it will then be the weekend & things will be put on hold again & more days & weeks will go by with no action other than going around in circles. How can a company operate a business like this. They deserve to fail.
This service is total & utter rubbish.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

The saga of terrible service continues. Was emailed & texted saying fibre instal today 14th Sept 8am -1pm. Took morning off work sacrificing £77 of my salary - guess what a no show. Phoned plusnet - on hold for 25 mins then when answered immediately transferred to provisioning dept - another 25 mins on hold. Spoke to guy who seemed confused as he thought instal was 22nd Sept. He said he would look into & phone back. All I got was an email at 15.08 saying supplier had cancelled due to lack of resource & supplier would contact me tomorrow to discuss.
This service really stinks. What should be a seamless transfer of phone & broadband with upgrade to fibre has turned out to be a very stressful seven weeks of wasting my life constantly spending hours on plusnets phone line getting nowhere. Abysmal service. I now have no faith in them as a company any longer & do not trust anything they say as its all empty promises.
Only good thing about plusnet is their nice staff - it must be hell for them working there - I feel sorry for them.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi MrGrumpy,
I completely understand how you feel and what you say, especially about how pleasant PlusNet staff are and not comprehending how they keep dealing with the same issues day in day out.
The issue is that the bulk of their problems lay within their sole supplier BTw/BTOR as hinted at in your last post: their supplier cancelled the appointment.  This happens far too often.  Some people are lucky enough to get told that this is happening the day before ... even as late as 23:50 as I read on here a couple of months back.
As for the open order on your line, the suppliers' systems do not permit more than one order at a time on a line.  PlusNet have to go via India to get most tasks done - need I say more?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Here I am over 2 months after signing up for fibre BB, 3 instal no shows, official complaint letter sent, still got nowhere. Can't be bothered to phone them as have wasted hours in past waiting to get through. Rang my old BB provider - they answered in 5 minutes - why on earth did I make the mistake of trying to move from them to plusnet. As well as complaint letter which I await an official response about (told on chat line they are very busy in that dept - what a surprise) I entered an online complaint. They replied to the online complaint saying plusnet had done everything they could so far & it was all the fault of their supplier. They said it was all beyond their control & I had no grounds to cancel & if I did I would have to pay all cancellation fees. What a load of rubbish - do they not know the law - my legal contract is with plusnet. If their supplier (openreach) is so poor that's nothing to do with me. Plusnet I signed up with - plusnet is who my contract is with - they have provided terrible service & failed to provide what I suigned up for so the buck stops with them - Plusnet.