cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with service so far

MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Very unhappy with service so far

I ordered fibre broadband & phone package on 25th July. Received welcome email with fibre install date of 14th Aug. Had a welcome letter in post. Then it all started to go wrong. A few days before install I had not received a router so decided to phone. Was on phone line for 50 minutes on hold then told my order was on hold. Router was dispatched & told try to keep fibre install appointment as if cancelled it would be 10 days wait. Day before install checked again - told install would not be happening on 14th. Chased every day or so since then & keep on getting told problems with supplier. Got to wait. No install date yet.
This is rubbish service - lack of communication from plusnet in first instance & a load of excuses & delays since. Wish I had stuck with my old provider & upgraded with them to fibre.
Come on plusnet - get your finger out & get some action out of Open Reach - otherwise your reputation is going to be ruined & you will end up loosing customers.
I don't blame the staff at plusnet - they are just trying to do their job - but the company needs to sort itself out.
27 REPLIES 27
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very unhappy with service so far

MrGrumpy,
I'm really sorry to read this and I'm disappointed that we let you down.
I can see that some issues have caused a delay to the line installation which in turn has delayed fibre.
We're expecting updates from our suppliers about that today so I'll make sure we update you as urgently as we can.
I can see that we had opportunities to let you know in advance of the 14th so I've passed on some feedback about that too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Hi Adam
I'm not sure what you mean by delay in phone line installation. I have been with BT, they have written to me twice saying I left them on 12th August so I must now be with Plusnet. My old broadband supplier is about to terminate my broadband any day so I shall soon be without any. I don't understand what the problem is. All I can see from our communications on my account is that things are on & off hold, your supplier is being constantly asked to sort it out & I'm asked to wait another 24 hours. Currently I have no faith in ever being connected as things do not ever progress. Days go by & the problems never get sorted. Are Openreach such a shambles as other people imply - if so they are ruining your reputation.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Your old BB supplier should not be ceasing your BB, that should only happen automatically when your service transfers.I would contact them and tell them you do not want your service stopping until your transfer takes place and should they cease it before then, you will take the matter to OFCOM. And yes Openreach are a shambles.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Plusnet please tell me what's happening - we have been going around in circles for last ten days achieving nothing - on hold - wait another day - off hold - contacting supplier - on hold - problems - round & round in circles with no action. Totally fed up. Wish I never signed up with plusnet. Please let's have some action - a date at least for fibre broadband install. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@MrGrumpy
Our supplier team are due to pick this up and update your ticket before the end of today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Today things got even worse. I get a text out of the blue saying my new phone line & number will be active tomorrow. Why I already have a phone line & number. All I have asked is to change my line from BT to Plusnet & my broadband from EE to plusnet fibre. I get home tonight to find no working landline phone (not possible to make outgoing or receive incoming calls). My house alarm is connected to the phone line - what would have happened if I was burgled & what would my insurance company say when I made a claim. Also got elderly parents & it's important to have landline. Cutting off like this is absolutely criminal.
So progress after one month of applying for phone & fibre broadband with plusnet - a router I cannot use yet & a cut off phone. Plusnet your service could not be any dire. If things don't get sorted tomorrow I'm taking action - official complaint issued & contacting the regulator, or perhaps send in all the correspondence to Ann Robinson on Watchdog.
Anotherone
Champion

You didn't tell BT to cancel your phone service did you?
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Hi - no I left that to Plusnet. First communication I had with BT was a letter from them saying sorry to hear I was leaving. I thought it was all being seamlessly done by Plusnet & my landline & tel number would transfer across.
Anotherone
Champion

That should happen like that, it should be totally seamless certainly as far as the phone goes. You have no dial tone?
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Hi. Yes the phone seems to have a dialing tone but as soon as you start to dial any number it says "the number you have dialled has not been recognised". If I ring the landline (original or new number) from my mobile it says "it has not been possible to connect your call".
Thanks for chatting  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Dial 17070 and see what number it identifies the line as. It sounds to me like BT have ceased your line. If the number 17070 gives is your old one, try 150 or 151 or whatever BT faults are and try having a bloody good moan at them saying they have ceased your service which they shouldn't as it was going to be transferred at some future date and if they don't reconnect you immediately you will take the matter to OFCOM.
They can reconnect you, it's a simple remote software job, but you may well have to give them a lot of stick. Good luck.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Hi Anotherone. Dialled the number & the line was identified as my old original number still. Will try BT in morning.
Many thanks for chatting  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

I was thinking give them a kicking tonight, but they may have closed of course. You should try Plusnet first in the morning, they should be able to do more, more quickly. Before 0900 seems to have the lowest call volume according to http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
Just thought, something may happen just after midnight. If you are still up, try the phone then.
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Contacted plusnet by phone today in my lunch hour. After 35 minutes on wait (not acceptable) I was lucky enough to speak to a guy who was helpful. He says when they went to take over my phone line the order stuck in their system & my number / line ended up being disconnected by BT & not adopted by plusnet. Hence I then had no working landline & they then had to issue me with a new tel no. I told them this was not acceptable & hopefully tomorrow my old tel no will be reinstated. So after one month all that has happened is I have been sent a router I cannot use, lost my landline phone service, been given a temporary new tel no & then got my original tel no back. So we're back at square one again tomorrow (hopefully). Tomorrow they say they can then order my fibre broadband install. How can a simple transfer of providers go so horribly wrong! This has been extremely stressful & taken hours of my time on chat & on hold on the phone line waiting for somebody to answer. The service is very poor & they need to do something about it. The measure of a good company is that when something goes wrong they speedily put it right & apologise. Plusnet just seem to go around in circles not getting very far. I manage a small team of engineers & if I gave this type of service I would be ashamed & probably out of a job.