cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with my new PlusNet Broadand service

MarkGauder

Very unhappy with my new PlusNet Broadand service

The PlusNet broadband service is rubbish. I moved from BT mid February because of cost but at least it worked whereas your service is very slow. I was told it would settle down but it has not. The wifi will not work  upstairs, I cannot download anything from iTunes or watch streaming content. I will be leaving PlusNet very soon.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Very unhappy with my new PlusNet Broadand service

Have you raised a fault with Plusnet?
http://faults.plus.net/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just saying it is rubbish doesn't tell us much! Is it OK if used wired and just the wireless that is causing you issues?
Did you know that most BT HHs can be used on Plusnet?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gswindale
Grafter

It appears to be the wireless performance that is your issue based on the initial post:
The wifi will not work  upstairs, I cannot download anything from iTunes or watch streaming content.

What sort of router are you using?
I've had varying performances from routers in my house over the years with some not performing too well going out into the conservatory or upstairs; but others work fine.  The other issue could be the channel that the router is set to.
reader
Dabbler

I moved to Plusnet 14 days ago and all went well, minor hickup as b/b moved a day early but rapidly sorted at PN end so wasnt a problem. 
Email today telling me line speed, which agreed with my own speed tests (via non PN/BT speed test)  It has been stable over that time. Upto now very happy with speeds and service. Lets hope it stays that way
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@MarkGauder
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with the service. It sounds as though you might be suffering with poor wireless signal. I would advise trying a few different Wireless Channels. You can find out how to do this here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
The speed that you are getting at the moment doesn't look to be all that bad, I assume that if you are struggling with wireless issues, it will be affecting your broadband performance too.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.