cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very incompetant service!!

louissidwell1

Very incompetant service!!

I have paid the installation fee to Plus.net over 4 weeks ago, since we have been told that an engineer would arrive to our house to install a phone line. However, after taking a day off work and being threatened with a pentalty charge of £49.99 if I was not there, the engineer did not show up. After alot of debate and phone calls to your line, the result was that the engineer went to the wrong address. Another date was arranged, as a consequence I took a further day off work (now missing out on two days pay), the engineer again failed to arrive. I was most annoyed at the fact that I was told when phoning up the line that the arrangment was not approved, despite the fact that I had recieved a text message to my mobile confirming the date and there being a message on the feedback stating the same fact. A further annoyance was that I was not given any notification at any point of the day that the engineer had no intention on showing up. I phoned up on a number of occassions to be told that I would be phoned up within 24 hours to discuss this. As of yet I have recieved no such phone call.
I phoned up again and was told that the following day was the next available date, I made this phone call mid tuesday afternoon being told that I would be phoned up to confirm this date. By the evening I had still recieved no phone call so was left with the only option to once again having to follow this up myself. I was assured that it WAS approved and that the engineer would arrive in the morning. Therefore, I had to take another day off work (now missing out on a grand total of 3 days pay). And surprise, surprise, NO engineer had arrived! I had to travel to somewhere with an internet connection only to find that a message was left on the feedback stating that the engineer had to take a day off of work. I, however, would have also liked to have been informed of this! The reason we went with Plus.net was to get a phone line and internet.
After paying the installment money to you in the beginning of september, I took the opportunity to look online (as you find it so difficult to dial the numbers yourself to let your PAYING customers what is going on) and there was a message that we might not get the installment till late October, which is 6 weeks since paying!!!!!
I find this absolutly disgraceful and rude!! Both me and my partner are in need for the internet for our occupations!!!! Please get back to me soon as I am very close to leaving Plus.net WITH my FULL installation fee back as you have been so incompetant!!!
Sam.
5 REPLIES 5
louissidwell1

Re: Very incompetant service!!

I would just like to correct a mistake i had made whilst reading this through.
On the second appointment that was approved, the engineer did not take a day off work, i took the day off work. I was actually given no reason to why he had not shown up. I mis-read a part in the feedback.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Sam,
I've asked one of the provisioning team leaders to make sure this is picked up asap. Sorry about the issues you've had so far and hopefully we'll be able to get this sorted out for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
louissidwell1

Thank you for this. I did receive a call yesterday from him (06-10-10) and was told that I would be called in the morning after 9am. I was very grateful for this personal call and to feel like someone is looking into our case. Obviously I work so it is often difficult to answer calls etc when I am at work, but I was prepared to answer the call at some point in the morning regarding an update. It is now 1.15pm and I am yet to receive a phone call regarding this update. As we do not yet have a phone line installed (due to the ongoing engineer issues) I have been using my mobile phone to call up and have wasted a lot of money calling up Plusnet recently, and the £20 I topped up a few days ago has been gone, so I am reluctant to top-up again only to call Plusnet again. So I am waiting for the call-back regarding further information. Hopefully I will receive an answer soon as I am aware that engineers go home after a certain time and people are not at work 24/7. I was pleased to receive a call and to be noted that my enquiry/complaint has been registered as an "escalation" but have not heard anything back since that time. I am also worried as apparently BT have told you that the next available date for installation is 20th October which is very unacceptable as we paid (as mentioned) on 11th September. If this appointment is (again) missed by the engineer I fully expect to be told that the next available installation date will be sometime in the following few weeks. It feels as if we are going in circles here.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The person you spoke to yesterday is currently on the phone to our suppliers to push this for you, they'll update you as soon as they have any more information.
I'll feed the missed callback from this morning back to his line manager too, sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
louissidwell1

Thankyou.
The person that personally took on our case was very helpful. The engineer to fit our phone line finally came on Monday, so we now have a working phone line. We are now awaiting the delivery of our broadband router which is expected to arrive on 18th/19th-10-10.. Obviously I understand that the order needs to be processed etc. but we paid for these services on 11-9-10 so we will have internet well over a month since we ordered/paid. I am a student at Uni and work part-time as well so obviously internet access is very important and it has set me back a lot. However, I realise that there is nothing that can be done and I am just happy that it is sorted, Many thanks