cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very angry - two week old fault and two no-shows by BT Engineers

j2m4

Very angry - two week old fault and two no-shows by BT Engineers

I need to vent. My Plusnet broadband went down for 5 days over two weeks ago. Plusnet eventually booked a BT engineer to visit last Thursday so i took a day off work but the engineer never turned up. I was then promised an engineer visit last Monday so I took another day off. Guess what - the engineer failed to turn up again. In both cases, there has been no satisfactory explanation forthcoming. I complained in the strongest possible terms and was told yesterday that my complaint had been "escalated" with BT and within Plusnet and could I please provide three dates for yet another appointment. I did so immediately via text to the faults team and have heard nothing back in nearly 24 hours.
I regard this as appalling customer service. It's probably more BT's fault than Plusnet's (unless Plusnet is lying about having booked these appointments) but I'm getting ready to cancel my account, if only because I feel the need to take some positive action. Has anyone else had similar experiences or have i just had bad luck?  Angry Angry Angry Angry
4 REPLIES 4
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Very angry - two week old fault and two no-shows by BT Engineers

There Is plenty reports on this very forum of open-reach not turning up, I personally think Its ridiculous and they should be charged £125.00 for failed appointments  with this money given directly to the customer. They probably cant keep up with the demand, Either way Its shocking service from open-reach.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi j2m4,
I'm really sorry to hear how this has gone. I've passed the ticket on to one of our escalation agents who will book the appointment for you and be in touch shortly. I can assure you what's stated on the ticket is exactly what's happened from our side of things.
j2m4

Matt,
Thanks for following up. Hopefully, I get an appointment soon and it will be a case of third time lucky with the Bt engineer.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI,
If you want to check ticket 45971652 another appointment has been booked, fingers and toes crossed that there's no further issues with this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team