cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU broken, and on-line chat 'is currently unavailable'

karjala
Dabbler

VMBU broken, and on-line chat 'is currently unavailable'

'View my broadband usage' shows zero for the last three days. I wished to open a ticket about this, but this option I can no longer find. Is it hidden on purpose? Following links to 'contact us', I note that on-line chat  'is currently unavailable', leaving the telephone option – the average wait time is given as over 16 minutes! Poor show!
7 REPLIES 7
minusnet555
Dabbler

Re: VMBU broken, and on-line chat 'is currently unavailable'

Yes Plusnet are very good at hiding things, I dont have the link personally but i just google "plusnet raise a ticket" and then look for a post on the forums. Some of the moderators have the link in their signature.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Perhaps it was just a glitch  Chat is up for me now.
karjala
Dabbler

Thank you for the tip Mr Unhappy! There seems to be a rather small number of topics that one can raise a ticket on...
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Availability of Online chat can be 'blocked' by some browser add-ons (pop-up blockers, Ad blockers, Ghostery, Avast antivirus on certain browsers...), do you have something that might be blocking it (if Google GTM is blocked a message says 'Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option' and the 'Start Chat' button is greyed-out).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you try a disconnect/reconnect and then check VMBU in a few hours? This often fixes the issue where no usage is showing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: w23
Availability of Online chat can be 'blocked' by some browser add-ons...

Thanks for that w23. Every time I have wanted to chat the service has been unavailable. It now turns out it was because of my browser.
I just logged in to the Members' Centre with Firefox and chat was unavailable. Doing the same in IE11 and as soon as I logged in I was asked if I wanted to chat before given the chance to do anything else.
Poor show Plusnet. Rather that "chat is unavailable" the message should be to the effect "unable to access chat service in your current browser" and state what is required rather than implying that the staff who should be at the end of the chat service have gone home!.
karjala
Dabbler

VMBU has resumed now, leaving two days showing zero. While this cannot be reckoned a serious problem, it is rather sloppy.