cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to fibre and I must say I'm.....

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Upgraded to fibre and I must say I'm.....

Extremely happy with the transition.
After reading so much negative feedback on this forum I did wonder if I had done the right thing. However, my worries were totally unjustified. The router(s) were delivered early at my request. The engineer arrived promptly and installation was completed quickly and efficiently.
I had 65Mb first, one dropped connection and it has now stabilized at the predicted 38Mb, without any more disconnections.
Thanks Guys, all of you.
7 REPLIES 7
Kuffdam

Re: Upgraded to fibre and I must say I'm.....

Your one of the few
picbits
Rising Star

If Plusnet have 700,000 customers and only a few come onto the forums with issues you can hardly call the ones that do bother to post their positive experiences "one of the few"
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

What I have noticed is that a great many problems reported are not actually Plusnet domain. By this I mean they are "Engineer did not call/was late" which must be as frustrating for Plusnet as it is for the customer.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: doris
Extremely happy with the transition.
After reading so much negative feedback on this forum I did wonder if I had done the right thing. However, my worries were totally unjustified. The router(s) were delivered early at my request. The engineer arrived promptly and installation was completed quickly and efficiently.
I had 65Mb first, one dropped connection and it has now stabilized at the predicted 38Mb, without any more disconnections.
Thanks Guys, all of you.

My line was also predicted to 38/9 I get 50/13 - sounds like you are on the 40/10 profile? because if you got 65 to start with then if you were on 80/20 you could be getting a lot more. If you are then raise it - if not then no need to do anything Smiley
A line will drop down a bit but a drop of 27mbps is a profile restriction only
Cruise85
Grafter

@Doris
As stated by petecov44 , the drop in speed that you encountered does appear to be quite a dramatic one.
If you would like to DM me your details, I can certainly make sure that your line is profiled correctly and we are providing you the best speeds available
petecov44
Grafter

Of course if you are paying the £14,99 then you will be on the 40/10 I think and it's £19,99 for 80/20 so if you are paying £19,99 makes sure you take Matt up on his offer Smiley
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

I'm on the £14.99 (discounted) .  So it is now at the predicted speed. I don't know what DM means ( same as PM - personal message?). And what details do you need, account name, phone number maybe? Sorry to be so obtuse but I'm really not sure.
When I first came to Plusnet I was predicted to receive 2.5Mb. After initial hiccups it stabilized around 4Mb. Then when people started switching to fibre it climbed up to 7Mb.  So I was expecting aimee initial fluctuation.
If you could let me know what details you need I will forward them to you, thanks.