cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy so far, but hoping for better..

Teknium

Unhappy so far, but hoping for better..

Having signed up for plusnet and paying £80.92 upfront (5/5/2015)i couldn't wait for my fibre broadband to be installed, (my phone was on in just a couple of days which was great) i kept checking online but nothing was happening,no order was placed, i spoke to PN on the Fr and then checked online(question had been pdated to "place order"). On 11/5 i was sent a text message saying that there were no fibre slots available and that i had to call PN to see how i want to continue, im guessing a slot wasnt available due PN not putting my order in until i called to remind them(fibre was available on 4/5 i checked online surely PN wouldn't sell it to knowing there were no slots?). After speaking to PN i was offered broadband(11mbps according to the guy i spoke to) and he also said he would tag my account so i would be alerted when a slot was available, i said ok that's fine as long as i get my upgrade as soon as available, he said again my account will be tagged and monitored. I then got a couple of questions updated on my account, one about the change and the Tags being monitored, another with all the new details and my line speed estimate of 2MBPS!( can use my phones unlimaited data aas a wifi hotspot and get this speed) router came yesterday just waiting to be connected...it would have been easy for me to cancel and get a refund, but im from Sheffield and PN have(in theory) everything i want from an ISP.. Please dont let me down plusnet, get my fibre sorted!
7 REPLIES 7
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Unhappy so far, but hoping for better..

Don't worry about the estimate - it is based on the old ADSL and is a bug in the system. I had the same - estimated 5Mb but got 74Mb
*Edit - bung your number in here and see what the BT Checker says your line is capable of : https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
Teknium

Fibre high is 80 and low is 66(which is what PN estimated originally for my fibre connection) and adsl is upto 11.5mbps...like i said i didn't want to cancel my fibre order even though there wasn't a slot available and im hoping PN do as they say and inform me as soon as a slot is available. Thanks for the reply
picbits
Rising Star

Let us know how you get on Smiley
Teknium

Speed went down to 4.4kbps earlier, highest speed was just under 6mbps.. Dont understand why PN only estimated 2mbps(we are ex sky broadband and sky fibre customers so we know our line is capable) just going have to grin and bear it and hope they inform as soon as a fibre slot becomes available
Teknium

Forgot to add that the plusnet router doesn't work(Internet light is green for a short time then goes constant red) luckily I have an old router that I can use to obtain the meagre connection we have.
Anyone from plusnet going to read this?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Dont understand why PN only estimated 2mbps

Honestly, neither do I. The estimate for your line on ADSL is up to 11.5 with a range between 7.5 and 15.
Really sorry about the fibre capacity, it's looking like it's available now so I've asked someone to get the order placed asap for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Teknium

Had a message from PN earlier, should hear from them within 72hours regarding engineer visit... Thank you Chris for the prompt action