cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address.

Absolutely amazing!  PlusNet send me an email and when I reply to it I get this response:"Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address...."
The issue relates to us moving house and cancelling the BT phone service... the whining missive form PlusNet complains about us cancelling the PlusNet Phone service.
However the point I want to highlight is the idiocy of sending us an email with a response address where the emails are not read. 
Just as a consequence of this dumbness I'm tempted to not transfer PlusNet to the new address.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address.

Most emails from Plusnet have at the bottom something about not replying. E.g. a recent one I received had:
IMPORTANT: Do not reply to this email, our Support Team can only deal with inquiries through the Help Assistant

Was there nothing like that in the email from them?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlaricAdair
Champion

Just checked. There was no such warning on the patronising piece of junk.
In fact if they checked their CRM system, they have one don't they? There should be a record of a conversation I had with them a couple of months ago about the property move.
AlaricAdair
Champion

After waiting in the phone queue for several minutes I discover that PlusNet's system cannot differentiate between a BT voiceline cease and a PN voiceline cease so they send out the same message in both cases. Customer Support are aware of this weakness.
Still no answer on the topic of unanswerable emails.
James
Grafter

Hi,
The support@plus.net email address (to which I am assuming that you are referring to) is meant to send a bounce saying that we don't respond to email.
The reason for this is that our ticket system is fully accountable and records all interactions between you and us.  Unfortunately at this stage we don't have the functionality to incorporate emails sent to us into he ticket system.  This may well change at some stage in the future.
I'm sorry that this has annoyed you.