Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT feedback re "Market 1" areas!!

FIXED
sorryimoved
Dabbler

URGENT feedback re "Market 1" areas!!

OK. Firstly, Im a bit fed up today. Havent slept at all last night after my call to PN yesterday My new "contract" starts Feb 1st 2020.  have been with PN for many years, and thru some of them I have been well treated.. I am now realising PN are following suit with the likes of Tesco.. theyr becoming greedy. Theyr more interested in new customers being lured in with false promises, when there are others of us who have joined already and often feel shunned.

My latest gripe is actually one Iv had for a few years now, and in the past they have helped me with it, but the guy I spoke with yesterday didnt want to help me, and offered me an overpriced, somewhat unrehearsed figure, because I am in a Market 1 expensive area. NOW please can some of you help me out here? just add your locations for me and say whether you are in a market 1 zone. I dont need addresses in full or postcodes etc., what WOULD help is something like "SWuk coastal Brighton". Thats it. And just a hint of whether you are market 1 or another market area.

The reason Im asking is because my "time with PN" has gone something like this..................................................................    

I was at SW uk Coastal Eastbourne .. Market 1 area..

moved to NW uk City Salford ... Market 1 area..

The depths of Cornwall "SW uk coastal Bude ...  Market 1 area"

Im now in Somerset SW uk Coastal Burnham on Sea (guess what --- another)   Market 1 area

This lot defies logic, imho. How can it be that EVERYWHERE Iv been for the last 10yrs or more, all happens to be flippin' Market 1 areas.. WHERE are the 'other areas' to then????

Im hoping some feedback from you might help me decide where i should (can afford to) be living!!!

And its not like the phone signals are any good here either, all the workmen love being down here cos its really hard for bosses to get hold of them.. intenet is constantly slow; and how they work their speed tests is beyond me, cos they certainly never agree with the broadband speed checker i sometimes had to use.. please help/its pretty desperate walking in these shoes just now for me. big thank u and happy new year to you all

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: URGENT feedback re "Market 1" areas!!

The samknows site https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WWBURN suggests that the Burnham on sea exchange is Market 3. Check which exchange you're on by using that site but with our postcode

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Exchanges haven't been classified as Market 1/2/3 for several years. The current classification is Market A or B. The latest Ofcom market review (2018) sets no different charge controls in between the different markets. There never were any different charges for the more modern ADSL2+ and FTTC services between different Ofcom markets.

I have a crazy idea: if you don't like paying a higher price based on where you live, find a different ISP who does not do that!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Fix

@sorryimoved 

This post should lead you to the information that you seek. https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/New-Market-Area-Classifications-Check-if-you-re-now-in...

In the past I have had experience of a case where Plusnet failed to do the necessary reclassification and mistakenly charged the higher rate.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @sorryimoved thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see there's confusion regarding what market area you're in. Could you send me a private message with the addresses you've lived at so I can investigate this for you please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Plusnet Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sorryimoved
Dabbler

Special thanks to baldrick here.. your ‘link’ address made really interesting reading. I’m in communication with Gandalf, but this link showed me that 3 of my 4 ARE Market 2/B.. 

Most interesting and important bit of the information provided in that link was that there is JUST 10% of the UK that has the Market1/A tag! Very much eye-opener. Once I got the capital lettered exchange mapping details and found the link u left, it was quite easy to find. 

PN won’t do anything tho, that’s for sure. And ejs’ comment about finding another provider...? I have now.

starting feb 1. 

Thanku all and Happy New Year! Over n out!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @sorryimoved 

Apologies for the delay in replying to your messages, I'm looking through this and I'll message you back shortly. For clarity though if it's proven you should be on a Market 2/3/B cost we will do something and put things right. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet