cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two - now 4 - days into the new billing period & traffic shaping still applied

concorde

Two - now 4 - days into the new billing period & traffic shaping still applied

So I've got a simple but annoying problem. Last month I went over the usage ceiling for my Metronet PAYG service. So traffic shaping was applied to my service (a painful 128kb download speed limit between 16:00 - 00:00). Fair enough, my fault. Thing is, the traffic shaping should have been lifted at the end of the billing period (5th Feb, Friday). Saturday, still being shaped... It's now Sunday and sure enough, 6.6mb/s before 16:00, 0.1mb/s afterwards.
I've rebooted and reconnected the router several times to no effect. I've raised a helpdesk ticket, but that's going on for 24 hours now with no sign of an answer.
It seems like there's a simple solution to this, just take the traffic shaping flag off of my account so I can use the internet as intended. 1) Why didn't that happen automatically, and 2) why does it take so long to fix?
The thing is, I'm aware that as a legacy customer of Metronet I'm already paying over the odds for limited downloads package. I've stayed with Metronet/Plusnet over the years because in general connection speeds, reliability and customer service have been good. But it's an increasing number of things like this that mean that they're losing my loyalty.
Hopefully there's a quick resolution to this, because if not it's time for me to find a new ISP.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Two days into the new billing period and traffic shaping is still applied

welcome to the forums,
Weekend is a bad time for a ticket, but try phoning Sheffield 0114 296 5188
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm looking into why this didn't happen now, but will get your usage reset shortly in any case.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
concorde

Hey, guess what? Last night this problem seemed to be fixed, ticket was escalated and "resolved", and speed was back to normal... Then tonight, back to shaping speeds again!
This is getting really painful now. 128kbs isn't usable in any way shape or form, so for all intents and purposes Metronet / Plusnet might as well have cut me off.
I've submitted an amendment to my ticket, but I'm not holding out much hope of a quick solution this time.
Mand
Grafter

Re: Two - now 4 - days into the new billing period & traffic shaping still applied

Hi,
This should be sorted for you now. Sorry for the delay.
concorde

Re: Two - now 4 - days into the new billing period & traffic shaping still applied

Thank you Mand, it does seem to be working at full speed now, and the quick response here is definitely appreciated.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear that's sorted it for you now. Smiley