cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to join Plusnet - Not a good start!

scotchwhisky
Grafter

Re: Trying to join Plusnet - Not a good start!

Problem is now resolved and I look forward to becoming a Plusnet customer. 
Thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I'm glad we got that sorted.
Err... Isn't Plusnet owned by BT?

We're owned by BT retail, MAC keys are issued by our broadband supplier BT Wholesale which is an entirely separate company and explains why we had to resolve this via the same means other ISPs who aren't owner by BT retail would need to do so.
MAC keys have to report back a particular status which then will either permit or block us from migrating your service over and the issue was with that status which can (as I'm afraid it did in your case) take a few days.
Amyway, that's of the way and it's good to have you onboard and you know who to give a shout if you encounter any more problems.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Well I spoke too soon. Yesterday the 6th was the date for my migration. Guess what? It didn't happen. No contact from Plusnet just nothing.
I thought TalkTalk and Sky were bad but I think Plusnet have just taken the crown.  You Plusnet are totally and utterly useless. I am sure you will again try and put the blame on your supplier BT but that is absolutely no excuse for not letting me know what is happening.
I don't know how to proceed from here.  I wish I had never heard of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scotchwhisky,
It looks like your account with us is now active so you should be able to connect when you're ready, sorry for the delay. Please let us know if you're not able to connect or there's anything else we can look into for you.
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Hooray - Success at last................
I am now a Plusnet customer.  Let's hope it has all been worthwhile.