cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

macaskifj

Trying to cancel

I've been trying to cancel my broadband for two weeks - not because of any major problem with plusnet, I just need to cancel it.

However live chat never works, ever. Sat on the phone waiting, no option available to email or do this via the web portal, despite allowing online upgrades to my account.

So as feedback, hopefully you'll take this on board. I never return to any company that makes it hard for me to leave. Sky was the last one to do this, keeping me on the phone for 45min.

Really not doing anyone proud by making life hard for people to leave.

3 REPLIES 3
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Trying to cancel

Hi @macaskifj,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues getting in touch with us to cancel your account.

We have a dedicated line for cancellations manned by our Customer Options advisors.

You can get in touch with them directly on 0800 013 2632;

8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm, Saturday
9am - 6pm, Sunday

Their is currently a bit of a wait in the queue (17 min) due to less resource over the weekend. However, this does usually quieten down after 4pm.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

No phoning or live chat is actually required....

But there would be a wait whilst it's in the post, plus I have no idea how long it takes them to process it

(2nd page)

http://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

Only posting this as an option Wink

macaskifj

The wait time was nearing 30min, but on the plus side when i did get through the cancellation was swift with no problems or delays. The number given in the post above wasn't one available when I went through the contact us page....

As for posting, that's an incredibly poor method (I had saw that yesterday) - no obvious place to state the date you want the cancellation to occur, no confirmation that it has been received and/or actioned on top of the postage delay. 

Anyway, I'm leaving this as feedback in general, to do with as you see fit. Basically;

1. Live chat - hasnt ever worked for me (join the queue, leads to sorry statement).

2. Can't cancel via portal - leads to stupidly long phone call, wasting my time.