cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment of existing customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Treatment of existing customers

Ah! So it was too good to be true, oh well I stand corrected. But £5pm is still a good deal I'd say.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Looks like the £4.99pm discount over 24 months is the current "offer", then. Yes, it commits you long term, but £119.76 total discount is very good for existing customers, in my opinion.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi nffc1954,
Thanks for getting back to me.
What was agreed was the following:
Plusnet Unlimited broadband service: £2.99 for 12 months then £9.99 thereafter on an 18 month contract. I've added these up and that makes £119.82.
What was offered to you was 2 years worth of broadband for six pence cheaper (Thanks PeeGee). So theoretically, if you were to see out the rest of your contract you'd be paying more. Whilst it doesn't seem like a lower price, I personally don't think it's that bad compared to what you're paying. Especially if were willing to get rid of the old contract now that it's become a bit more expensive for you.
Obviously, this is up for debate and not all will agree with me. I guess that the 2 year contract is unappealing as there are always offers on the table.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
nffc1954

Hi Matty,
Like your argument and take on board all of your observations regarding my costs.
BUTthis doesn't detract from the fact that NEW CUSTOMERS get a better deal than loyal customers
New customers; (up to yesterday) was unlimited for £2.49pm (or £1.99 depending on where you looked), £75 cash-back, free equipment and a 12mth CONTRACT.
Loyal customers;  £5pm and a 24mth contract.
Kind Regards,
Peter
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I do get your point, and I fed it back beforehand.
I just thought it was reasonable compared to your existing offer.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
AndyH
Grafter

If Plusnet were to offer those kind of deals to existing customers, they would soon become insolvent.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: nffc1954
Hi Matty,
Like your argument and take on board all of your observations regarding my costs.
BUT,  this doesn't detract from the fact that NEW CUSTOMERS get a better deal than loyal customers
New customers; (up to yesterday) was unlimited for £2.49pm (or £1.99 depending on where you looked), £75 cash-back, free equipment and a 12mth CONTRACT.
Loyal customers;  £5pm and a 24mth contract.
Kind Regards,
Peter

But they don't if a loyal customer rings up ( like my dad did) then they get a good deal too. I don't think people should get the £75 AND the £100 cashback. No wonder some of us suckers are stuck on full price for our services.
The problem is once they have you hooked they just leave you dangling whilst attention goes to the new customers. Again my dad, getting half his lowest estimate because engineer did a bad job but no one replies to tickets, i post on here they don't bother to answer.
I am now going to the ISPA because this really is rubbish. I just feel I have run out of options now.
If you go to say AAISP they will even sort out line faults before you join! shows the quality over quantity business model.
nffc1954

Totally agree about the cash-back offers, if you want them then go for a new supplier.
But I do think that current customers should be offered the "Best current deal" at renewal time.
If I were to be offered the £2.50 deal for instance I would have happily signed up for the 24mth contract as it is comparible to competitor deals.
But the deal I was offered is double the cost of the New Customer offer as well as double the contract period.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's also worth bearing in mind that it's cheaper to retain a current customer than to provide a service for a new one - No BTO setup fees to pay and no router to send out...
A current customer who feels 'looked after' is also more likely to recommend a service to a potential new customer as well of course  Wink
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: nffc1954
But I do think that current customers should be offered the "Best current deal" at renewal time.

In time, I would imagine ISPs will be required to go down a route, similar to those of gas/electricity companies, of letting customers know about better deals etc.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson

A current customer who feels 'looked after' is also more likely to recommend a service to a potential new customer as well of course  Wink

Indeed I tried that and now I am being made to look stupid so I have stopped and probably never will again
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Having acquired a Hudl 2 a few weeks ago but only having my own wired router I needed a wireless one - PN supplied a 582N for free provided I agreed to a new 2-year contract. Because I was on the now 'legacy' Essentials 10GB package this meant changing to Unlimited, the ADSL2+ price being fixed at £5 p/m for the two years.
'Free' router, lower price (if only for the broadband element  ::)), unlimited usage - seems like a lot of broadband for not much money to me, and life's too short to be worrying about whether I'd be a few bob worse or better off were I a new customer..
I'm not planning to leave PN so the new contract is no hardship, and if they were to wreck what has been a perfectly good service I would expect to be able to leave without penalty anyway.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: AndyH
If Plusnet were to offer those kind of deals to existing customers, they would soon become insolvent.

Hence why I still pay my full amount each month even though I'm out of contract. I'm happy with the service and happy to pay what I consider is a reasonable amount for a great service.