cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Quality Help from DCT

jack21
Grafter

Top Quality Help from DCT

I'm a long-serving customer of Plusnet and have always been impressed with the quality of service from its various teams, Sales, Customer Support, Faults and the DCT. The ticket system is unmatched by any other ISP I've had to deal with - that is quite a few as I help local residents with their broadband/computer/software/security issues, and I can tell you that I've had nightmares with several 'main-stream' ISPs!  and I've moved quite a few suffering souls to Plusnet to reach satisfaction.
Additionally, over the years, my own very long rural line has suffered its share of issues, almost always due to the age/quality/patched nature of the physical line, and Plusnet, and to be fair, some very able BTOR staff, have always sorted things out quickly and beneficially.
One issue, and its consequences, has always been around tho - intermittent, sporadic high CRC rates. Up till my exchange moved from 20CN to 21CN, tho a niggle, these occasional high CRCs didn't cause me a big problem; they were present, but usually didn't affect SNRM or actual throughput at all, and DLM seemed to ignore them totally. But when on 21CN, tho an improvement re broadband quality, the high CRCs did cause DLM to react and to take, for me, undesirable interleaving or target-SNRM actions that made the line perform less well.
In this instance, a specific member of the DCT, Chris Pettitt,  took what I consider to be extremely helpful and positive/persistent actions to help me deal with the issue; he/we tried various measures over several weeks, responding quickly and clearly to updates from me, and reached a very satisfactory solution indeed. I was so impressed with his knowledge, actions, communications and patience (patience seems to be a star quality of the whole of the DCT!), and I regard his service as being outstanding in all respects.....thank you very much indeed, Chris.
From comments in the Forum, I'm not the only person to appreciate the quality of his, and the DCT work in general; he and they are First Class Ambassadors for Plusnet.
Incidentally, I'm now in a position to put more work into identifying the cause of the high CRCs, and have been able to confirm that in the case of my very long line, the key issue is weather, or atmospheric disturbancies (rain or thunder). Now using a weather radar site, I can identify weather that will affect me and even predict when it will take effect, and can even take avoiding action in severe cases.
Balance: The one thing I think has deteriorated over 6 years is (during daytime particularly) is the speed taken to answer calls.......I seem to remember wait times of only a couple of minutes back in 2008, but now typically 30 mins......so I try to use Ticket or Forum if possible.
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Top Quality Help from DCT

Hi jack21,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this feedback! Smiley
I'll ensure that Chris Pettitt is made aware of your positive comments! I'm sure he'll appreciate it!
We're aware that the call times are longer than what we would ideally like. The wait time has decreased in the past 6 months but  it's not where we'd like it just yet. Our second site in Leeds is now up and running and we're busy hiring and training new staff to ensure that the call times come down. Hopefully you'll notice an improvement in the next few months should you have to call in.
jack21
Grafter

Re: Top Quality Help from DCT

Thanks Linn,
That's good to hear re the extra call staff; hope it goes well.
To be fair, my calls are very few indeed re my Plusnet service, but I do sometimes have to call when I'm out at a 'clients' premises, for either a problem or for switching them to Plusnet, and it doesn't look good to be sat waiting.
All the best,
Jack