cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for contract reform?

briston
Aspiring Pro

Time for contract reform?

Considering the car insurance industry has been obliged to end new customer incentives is it not time the ISP industry did the same. My contact renewal is more than a new customer. The joke is I can move to BT or especially move to EE , both the same company really as Plusnet, get their incentives and pay less.
2 REPLIES 2
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Time for contract reform?

A long standing unfairness.

the crazy thing is that if you can be bothered you can just shuttle between BT and PN taking a new customer offer each time and getting exactly the same service from exactly the same equipment all the time.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
briston
Aspiring Pro

Re: Time for contract reform?

And how about this one.
Hub2 is only offer to new customers or upgrading customers. Of course I could have not recontracted, my wife could take out a new contract at the same price as what I have recontracted, got a £60 voucher and a hub 2.
But as per usually left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Look at the confusion on a thread about bringing a hub 2. It's a case of oh yes you can't have a hub 2, oh no you can.
Why did I recontact? I actually gave notice but sadly contacted COVID which knocked me for 6 so did not have the energy or will to arrange something else. Happily I'm better now but with a 18 month contract.