cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets to post or not to post updates

amcclean
Rising Star

Tickets to post or not to post updates

I currently have an ongoing ticket since Feb which is getting massive in length. I have been advised by CS agents in the past that adding updates of my router status etc. to the ticket will potentially move it from it's current position and move it to the BACK of the que.
To prevent this from happening I have been advised by CS agents to update them with router stats etc. by raising an extra ticket to main one and asking it to be referenced to the original. The CS agent also stated they would put a comment on my account stating that extra info from me would be provided in this way.
I have updated using this method the other day only to be advised that the cs is closing the ticket i created and has advised me to add to the original.
Could someone please advise if adding to a ticket WILL or WILL NOT drop the issue to the bottom of the que. Various conversations with Pn have advised that the current system is not idea and that this can happen.
WHO is giving out correct advise and what is the best way to update a ticket without it dropping to the bottom of the que.  Could PN provide a step by step process on how to add info without dropping to the bottom of the pile. it seams strange that by trying to help a EU can effectively be increasing the fix time. 
My issue has gone on for SOOO long I do not want  a silly thing like incorrectly updating a ticket to prolong it any longer.
Podman
23 REPLIES 23
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Tickets to post or not to post updates

Could someone please advise if adding to a ticket WILL or WILL NOT drop the issue to the bottom of the que. Various conversations with Pn have advised that the current system is not idea and that this can happen.

This only happens on certain types of tickets, mostly fault tickets, so what you have been advised is appropriate.
At the end of the day we don't really need you to post any router stats as we can run line tests and gain the same said info (probably in more detail too) the best thing to do if you need to make us aware of something that you've added to the ticket and appeal for an urgent response is to update, then follow up with a call.
However for yourself as you are a regular posted on the community forum you may be best posting on here so I can pick that up and deal with it for you that way.
I'll go away and look at the tickets on your account and come back with an update ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Adam,
I believe it is now progressing further up the Openreach managers line. i guess I'll just need to wait until BT reply to yourselves. Hopefully someone can break the stalemate between bt and ourselve and get a remedy.
I'm sitting here paying for a service which BT is taking for ever to actually sort.
podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Podman,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've now got a good grasp of your issue and we just need to wait until the scheduled engineering work goes ahead tomorrow before I can tell where we need to go next.
I'll come back to you tomorrow unless you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

work done altought BT engineer said BT we still not agrreing to agreed work. Engineer did it anyway. Time will tell. new e and d side and lift and shift please let this be the end.
podman
p.s. any news on the potential inclusion of the connection log graphs in the member centre area for users to monitor their lines
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Adam,
is there any chance you could post a copy of my most recent connection log / graph so I can check how my line is behaving.
Many thanks.
Podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
We're already supplied this on a ticket for you today. I won't make any excuses for not answering yesterday as I wasn't here Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers, the session dropped again this afternoon after the tech faults agent called before lunch its been steady from thursday through to then so here is hoping. Strange thing is it only really tended to happen week days so on have agreed to monitor for.the.rest of.the week.
Podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK Podman, I'll take a look at your account myself next week in that case.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Adam,
I received a call from PN today it has now been raised for a TPM. The drops at approx 4am are still evident but the ppp comes back on straight away which is a great improvement. Yesterday afternoon was the only drop in ppp since last week so hopeful the tpm will not be to far away, this week, and a final resolution might be around the corner.  I'm not holding my breath though.
have to say thanks yourself and  the PN team for persisting with BT all this time.
Starting to get fed up with the length of time it has taken and the fact I've had to use up 3 precious annual leave days for bt visits it's cost me a small fortune not to be at work for the 3 days let alone all the calls to chase up the progress.
Is there anyway to recoup any costs etc? worth asking the question.

podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi podman,
I'd agree with the chaps dealing with this that that is a good idea...
I'll continue to keep an eye on this and I'm ready to interviene if I need to.
Is there anyway to recoup any costs etc? worth asking the question.

That isn't something we do, I am happy to make sure you are credited for any downtime and given a good will gesture when this is resolved. What sort of costs are you referring to?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Adam,
Anything would be welcome. It's gone on so long that I'm basically fed up with it. Something to cover the costs of repreated calls etc to cs and the time it's been down. I'll go with any reasonable suggestion. The wifes miffed i spend so much time calling and and time on line tring to get it sorted.
I understand why Bt have to be methodical in their approach to resolving issues but the time off work to be in for calls is a pain. Will Pn ever do wireless dongles and save us from the woes of the engineer visit?
Podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi podman, I both relate to and understand what your saying here.
As mentioned we'll look at a good will gesture as soon as we know that the fault has been resolved.
With regards to dongles we have no plans at all for that so I'd advise you to look at alternatives there, just purely out of interest are you thinking in terms of using a dongle as a back up?
As far as engineer visits go, where as they aren't an inevitability there is sometimes a need for them.
I tell you what, I will be able to look at your fault ticket again tomorrow and if things aren't moving any further forward I'll take full ownership...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Adam,
a named person to take onwership is something i have been hoping for for a long time and would be very much appreciated I have asked for it a few times too. Do Pn have a system in place that assigns on going issues like this to a NAMED person, having had to explain my issue to many poeople over the months it gets very tiresome.
Could some kind of commitment be made or looked at that after x days or x weeks the issue is assigned to a named person one point of contact who knows the issue inside out. I appreciate the ticket system covers a lot of the details but the previous ticket which ended in 333 has people saying all is fine and dandy when the chart they have also posted states quite the opposite i then need to contact and bring this to the attention of the team again and potentially the issue goes back to bottom of the pile 😞
a named issue manager would be a fantastic step forward in terms of customer re-assurance and reducing frustration re having to re explain the issue.
From all the correspondance BT appear to have managers who take responsability for faults etc. could you possibly suggest this idea to the big bosses whoever they may be.
podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

a named issue manager would be a fantastic step forward in terms of customer re-assurance and reducing frustration re having to re explain the issue.

I absolutely agree. This is something we do promote internally and more and more agents are doing this where possible.
An important things we have to balance out here is staff resourcing as it would not be feasible to work this way with the majority of faults we handle. Agents are encouraged to take ownership of a case based on its merits and how protracted the issue is. This is something I'm working hard to promote here as a little more ownership in earlier stages with some cases may proactively avoid complaints at a later stage.
BTW I've just update your ticket...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team