Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response time 26 hours 44 minutes 54 seconds

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Ticket response time 26 hours 44 minutes 54 seconds

We're not there yet but it's still going in the right direction.

well it has only taken 18 months (approx) to get from this........

Customer Question handling
When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' (also known as a Ticket) on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 4 hours.
Question Handling Statistics
Average closure time                                                      Target closure time
2 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes and 45 seconds                            4 hours
Last updated: November 26, 2009, 8:20 am

to this..............................................

When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' (also known as a Ticket) on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 4 hours.
Average closure time Target closure time
1 day, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 23 seconds 4 hours
Last updated: March 1, 2011, 8:00 am

so in about 18 months time.... perhaps.... 4 hours will be a realistic figure......  Roll_eyes
As an aside to the above..... neither Chris`s comment above, nor my response, would have been valid two weeks ago either.!..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The *oldest* untouched (where we haven't responded to a customer query or update) ticket in either of our main ticket pools is now less than 48 hours, so the average should start coming down very very soon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thisoldman
Grafter

for the record....my recent query re discount was answered and dealt with by matt very promptly.
James
Grafter

Shutter,
Whilst I appreciate that it is very convenient for you to quote now and then, you're also missing the fact that we had tickets being answered in 4-8 hours for a number of months inbetween.
We've stated here in the last few days that we're aware that we have a problem and that we're doing everything we can to fix it.
The longest wait within our Customer Support Centre ticket pool (that's the generic technical one) is currently 36 hours and this will continue to drop throughout the day.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

It is not only "convenient".... but it is also a "testimony" to how well (or not !)  the CSC have done in the past 18 months.... !    depends on how you look at it !.  Roll_eyes
matt_2k34
Grafter

It's being worked on ... whats the point in grumbling still?Huh
If the issue was still a big problem, and was getting worse - then yeah, but mostly pn hasd kept it relatively flat in terms of how long ticket responses are...
The 'Ticket Team' is fantastic, and i would hope this is something plusnet continue to run with, when the ticket pool becomes much smaller!
Also ticket length isnt the whole story... Pre-Durban close, i've had some bloody awful responses on tickets from SA, which required 3 or 4 more responses from me (and 3 or 4 waits), if it is answered properly, the first time - then your already making progress..
Is there any data for how many are recursive responses, James? (im just curious  Wink )
Regards
James
Grafter

Matt,
Are you asking how many of the tickets are replies to "stock" replies which could have been adjusted to better fit the situation and avoid the customer replying back to us?
Regarding the tickets that I was looking at last week (that the ticket team had been working on), the majority of these are handwritten by the team rather than using a pre-written answer.  One of the guys on the team (Joe) has also been looking at the stock responses that cause the most "repeats" and seeing if these can be worded in a better fashion to ensure that the issue is fixed first time round.
matt_2k34
Grafter

cool, but i meant tickets 'needing further customer input' as maybe everything wasnt asked for first time, or the answer didnt fit the question Smiley
It's good to hear stock answers are being reviewed, would it be possible for your web devs to tweak the ticket system? so that when you guys put something like
"Internal - EU DCN FAULT"
when the customer "moused over" the word, it would tell them what it meant.  Wink
James
Grafter

Our ticket system isn't that clever!  But I do often feedback to our guys that their internal comments shouldn't be causing our customers to reply to the ticket asking what it means.
Regarding the number of tickets that we're receiving that require further information from our customers, I'm afraid that I'm really not certain on that one.  From the ones I've looked at, I'd say that the proportion is actually pretty low (of course there will be some).
Brikat
Dabbler

James,
I fully understand the pressures that your Ticket Team are under, I've worked in a similar environment myself, but it does often appear that they do not actually read and understand the questions they are receiving. For example, I raised a ticket recently regarding a speed issue (40168011 - now closed). I was very clear in my question as to what the problem was and when and why it had arisen. What I received back felt like a standard boiler-plate response. I had stated that the problem arose after noise related dropouts, only to be told in the response that the problem was due to dropouts!  I knew that, and I expected someone to pick that up and take it on from there. It is the feeling that agents are just spotting a basic issue, e.g. speed, latency, etc., and then responding with a standard formula that is frustrating.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Every day (apart from Saturday or Sunday), I review all of the survey responses that we receive from the survey that we send out to a number of customers asking them for their feedback.  I analyse all of the case where the customer has rated their experience as very or extremely dissatisfied.  On Monday's I do all that are raised between Friday to Sunday.  I don't like Monday's very much Sad
Where I feel the agent has made an error (such as not reading the ticket properly), I note this in one of my large and highly exciting spreadsheets and then pass to the relevant team leader to feedback to their staff.  I also chase to ensure that this is done.
I completely appreciate what you are saying - there is no excuse for not reading the question properly, I just wanted to assure you that we do pick up on these issues, even if you don't hear anything back about it.
dejjones
Rising Star

The longest wait within our Customer Support Centre ticket pool (that's the generic technical one) is currently 36 hours and this will continue to drop throughout the day.

The above is a quote from 1/3/11.
I raised a Question (#40445986) on 3/3/11 at 1012pm and I've still not had a response. 97+ hours.
In fact the question relates to why there has been no response for more than a week to a request for a Call Feature change, which they say takes 1 working day.
So which "ticket pool" are my questions going into?
dejjones
Rising Star

After my last post I phoned CS and managed to get through.
They could not understand why my Call Feature had not been added, and instigated a "manual order" whatever that is.
However another working day has gone by and the job is still not done.
One thing I learned from the phone call was that if you raise a ticket and then query why it has not been answered by posting again on the same ticket, it goes to the back of the queue!
This is because CS process tickets in date order and posting again puts a later date on it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The order's now showing as complete so voicemail should be enabled for you - please let us know if it's not and I'll look into it for you. Sorry for the delay.